PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Purchased my first estate pipe today, a Stanwell Vario 56 for what I think was a really good price. Can't wait till it arrives.

$T2eC16NHJG8E9nyfmZEEBQ+FRKw6!!~~60_32.JPG

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
@flintlockjohn it is indeed!

@rothnh am really looking forward to giving it a clean and firing it up for a test drive

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Stanwell's are good pipes and I like the ones I have. Nice looking pipe and hope it smokes well for you.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Probably the best Danish estate pipe for the money you could buy. Congrats. As for a new Danish made pipe, the Neerup's are incredible. Very good smokes and little $$ for a Danish pipe with some flair and different shapes.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
It arrived today, apart from some light scorching around the rim of the bowl its in perfect condition. I didn't think that it was restored (as seller didn't mention it in the listing) but the cake had been reamed and a pipe cleaner soaked in alcohol came out clean as well. Just cleaned the stem with alcohol (to disinfect) and rubbed the bowl with an alcohol soaked cleaner. Cant wait to fire it up tomorrow.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
It's proving to be a great smoker, had a heavy ghost from some acrid aromatic (and I'm not opposed to aromatics). But after using Lawrence's paper towel and alcohol method and smoking about 8 or so bowls it seems to be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.