juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Since I am a huge Stanwell fan I got the Stanwell pipe of the year 2010:
5432414741_6fd28b0f47_z.jpg

5433024208_62a7d200e1_z.jpg

...and why not a video of it:
Video of the pipe
I don't know if this is a danish or italian made pipe - it doesn't say on it, but the quality is outstanding - as all my Stanwells are.
I tested it last night with some Sherlock Holmes, which is a blend I've wanted to re-visit for a while. Now I remember why I liked it when I was starting out - a very easy to smoke and good tasting blend.
I was watching the new BBC Sherlock Holmes series while smoking. Awesome adaption of Holmes, now in modern times. The only thing I didn't like was that he has quit smoking ("This is a three nicotine patch problem") because of not being allowed to smoke anywhere in London. Even Holmes fell pray to the antis. :(

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Very nice looking pipe my friend.
I think the bloke from the movie last year was the perfect Holmes, reminds me very much of the character design of "The Great Mouse Detective" which was of course just Sherlock Holmes, with mice.
On the one hand I'd like to see the new show, on the other, I dunno that I could stand Holmes without his pipe.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Juni,

How many Stanwells do you own?

I have a few good ones, but I haven't found anyone on here to geek out with about Stanwells.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice pipe! I'll have to acquire a Stanwell one day.
But I just can't watch the "new Holmes" if he doesn't smoke...I just can't take any more political correctness. I'm with you Uncle Arthur, Jeremy Brett was the ultimate Holmes.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
How many Stanwells do you own?
So far I have four and I haven't been disappointed by any of them. :)
This was the one that got me really into them:
4732013093_e7703d7b14_z.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Stanwell pipes are just plain darn good. From what I am seeing on the net the quality is as good or better with the switch to being manufactured in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.