PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I purchased the Stanwell Bamboo Billiard from Smokingpipes.com a couple of weeks ago:

2cf20f299ff091240ae1ebd253b18849_zps389d436e.jpg

It is very light weight, approximately a Dunhill 2 sized bowl. It is also a very cool smoker, and I have been breaking it in with some G.L.Pease Cairo, which as you know is primarily Virginia with a hint of Latakia and Perique. It has been very enjoyable.

Smoking pipes also tossed in a sample of Lane Black Rasperry, which I haven't tried yet, but I thought it was a great bit of lagniappe on their part.

This is my first bamboo pipe. No regrets!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Nice one rigmedic. I remember looking long and hard at that pipe or one just like it recently. That's a great looking Stanwell -Enjoy.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats rigmedic - that's a great looking pipe. And my 3 Stanwells are just about as good as they get.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have an old Stanwell Bambo Shank Billard, with a Patent #, size 3, it's a great little smoker.I like the black on your pipe, mine is brown, yours I like better.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Very nice. I'm really enjoying my Stanwell - great smoker. Hope yours smokes as good as it looks!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Thanks, all. I have to admit, this pipe has smoked cool and easy. Since it is not marked with a country of manufacture, I have to assume it is a new production pipe made in Italy. I thought it a bit small at first, but it seems the perfect size for the higher nicotine blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.