PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I thought there was a real good chance Montreal would close out their series with a sweep last night, guess not. Next game will be one to watch for sure. :)

Hoping for a good solid Detroit win tonight too. Heading back to Tampa up 3-1 would be a great spot to be in! GO WINGS!!

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Well Jets are out, not surprising, this is what happens when you get a wildcard spot because a bunch of teams lost in your favor. Now I'm cheering for Montreal, my team in the time the Jets were gone. Personally I think a Canadian team will bring the Cup home.

@Shankletown I agree with alot of what you say, I also think the season is too long. I also think the Islanders could very well be in the final.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Great point Andy it has been long over due last was the Habs in 93...just hurts the odds in round 1 Montreal and Ottawa and Calgary and Vancouver. I guess though if you look at it differently your guaranteed two Canadian teams in the second round... lol I am very serious though as a Pens fan the Flyers are a team to fear here in the near future. I think the game changing back to the clutch and grab actually is the reason the flyers are not in the playoffs this year. I am just glad though the Penguins fans finally have a dose of reality I have been saying this since 2012 the fact the penguins aren't that good. The biggest issue the Penguins have is they paid way too much for mediocre players and the Minnesota wild are another team that fell into that trap. The teams that win are the teams with guys that play with grit and Justin Williams for the kings last year was a prime example. In this day of the NHL being back to the clutch and Grab the grit guys win every time. Look at Claude Lemieux I think he had three cups in the 90's.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Five goal games are a lot of fun, at Halak's expense last night. He didn't play well, but I think they are down three defensemen in the series so he's a guy on an island. Boychuk has played well, and kept Ovie in check. This series has really gotten chippy, but thankfully the Ref's stopped the foolishness at the end of the game (before we lost a player...)
11193394_10200448923462319_1081380037345194759_n.jpg

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well, I got that dead on in the bracket challenge of Rangers over Pens in five.
Had the Ducks over Jets in six. Thought the Jets might steal two games. Clearly I was wrong lol.
Have Habs over Sens in seven. Getting a bit nervous about that one. Sens lookin' like they could pull off the upset.
It's been a fun postseason so far. Good number of OT games. A lot of highlight reel hits, saves, and goals.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
Game 6 in Calgary was something! The 7-4 score does not give an accurate picture as the flames didn't have a lead until way late in the 3rd. It's been a phenomenal season here.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Just cracked a cold one, lit my pipe and I'm now going to sit and watch the Wings hopefully end this series at home tonight! Should be a real good game...Tampa fighting to stay alive and the Wings fighting to finish them off. If not game 7 in Tampa will be crazy! GO WINGS!! :puffy:

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Well...it appears the Detroit - Tampa series is going to a game 7 in Tampa. Not what I was hoping for but it should be a crazy good game for sure!! :puffy:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, a brutal series with the Islanders. Before the game, hits were thru 6, 277 Caps vs 270 Isles.

But, we Rocked the Red tonight!
New York: Go ahead and knock down the Coliseum, you won't be needing it any more.
10422976_10152830668256762_9019083722256385922_n.png

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
That was ugly how many islanders Defenseman got injured like three? So the east is caps and rangers and the habs and either wings or lightning? Out west is anehieim and Calgary and Chicago and Minnesota?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Kronwall should be suspended for Game7 tomorrow in Tampa. Left his feet, point of contact was the head. It was a dirty hit that he has a history of making. It's dangerous and shows complete lack of respect for his fellow competitor. Kucherov is extremely lucky to not have gotten concussed on the play. If the league truly is cracking down on head shots then they need to send the message and sit Kronwall for Game7.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Kronwall should be suspended for Game7
I have to disagree. Kronwall had his arms down, and I do not think he left his feet. Kucherov needs to keep his head up when clearing his zone!
I say it was a clean hit!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yep, the Caps/Isles was brutal. I think they went over 600 hits in seven games. The Rangers will be even more challenging, their defense is terrific and so is King Henry.
The Kronwall hit was much discussed on XM Hockey radio this morning. I didn't see it.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Kronwall had his arms down
He did have his arm tucked in, but at the time of impact he was on the toes of one skate in the process of jumping and his forearm made contact with Kucherov's face. It's a textbook head shot and what the league has been cracking down on in recent years.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
It's a textbook head shot and what the league has been cracking down on in recent years.
I agree that the hit was questionable. But I feel he got hit in the head because he had his head down. If Kucherov had his head up, looking up ice, it would not have been a head shot.
Nonetheless, I guess he NHL will make a final decesion at the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.