PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
I can't wait to get to the great St. Louis Pipe Show. The first show of the year. I am packing up now, but several other Chicago guys are already on the way. The Chicago Show always has a table at the St Louis Show, so please stop by and say hello. Craig
www.chicagopipeshow.com

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
The show was awesome. It was so packed the first half of the day that you could barely get through the aisles.
Here's me with Daveinlax
kev-daveinlax.jpg

Here is mattia76
mattias.jpg

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Thanks for the photos....please continue to give us a "travelogue" of this neat event.... :clap:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Here's some more good news. Earlier in the day, Bob called me at the show and asked if there were any young people there. At this point I had only made it down the first aisle, and the room was jam-packed.
I looked around and told him I didn't see anyone that looked under 30, and most seemed to be 40 and up.
I now need to revise that report. I'm guessing there were 250 - 300 people at the show, and maybe a couple dozen under 30, and even several early 20's.
I didn't ask these guys (and girl) their age, but if I was a bartender, I would be asking for IDs.
20-somethings.jpg

And the thing is, that I ran into them around 2:00, and they were still there at the 5 o'clock close.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Hey Kevin,

I asked them their ages because I wanted them to join The Viking Pipe Club of St. Louis.

All are under 21.

Crazy, huh?

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Guys, the show was amazing, and from what I hear from others, it is always one of the best attended shows of the year.
It was good to meet our esteemed Kevin in person. He knows how to work the room. Of course, having a popular website helps that mojo!

I am happy to report that Kevin supports our hobby with his own money as well, and purchased some pipes from me.

Thanks again, Kevin!

jjtroutbum

Lurker
Feb 3, 2011
Kevin has more pictures he was moving around like the press should actually close to paparazzi. ;) Was nice meeting you sir.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
jjtroutbum - did I get a pic of you? I'm sorry if I didn't. There were several people that came up to me and said hi very quickly and kept moving, and I was trying to keep moving to get the best coverage of the show.
I have 188 photos, but many will be left on the cutting room floor, but there will still be much to see when I do the article next week.
I bought 6 pipes - 4 from mattia76, and 2 from "pipe dude".
I hung out in Pipe Dude's room until midnight last night and we were drinking straight Jose Cuervo Black and smoking until he kicked me out so he could go to bed.
I'm at the airport now, running on 3 hours sleep.
mattia76 is shipping my pipes for me as I didn't have room in my small carry-on, so I'll post up the new acquisitions next week.

jjtroutbum

Lurker
Feb 3, 2011
Kevin you may have if you got any shots of a fella in a STL Blues Jersey but I did not pose. I spoke to you briefly while you were eyeballing a couple of Kaywooies from the PipeDude. Moments before his photo op.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Hey JJ Trout, I totally remember you in that jersey!

Did you sign up for the Viking Pipe Club?

jjtroutbum

Lurker
Feb 3, 2011
Now would I really want to be a member of a club that might actually have me as a member? :wink:
Actually your table was so busy that I just looked over your wears. And BS'ed for a few and moved along as I was doing every were most of the morning. Trying to scope out a few specific interests or deals as fast as possible as to not miss out.
Let me know were the next meeting is and I'll try to check it out.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Will do, JJTrout!

And here was our table. That dude is my buddy Chris, the owner of the Albatross: Hookah and Premium Tobacco Lounge in Springfield, MO. As you can see, he always has a great time.

briarcub73

Lurker
May 11, 2010
Kevin,
It was a real treat getting to meet you at the show, and I can tell you had as good a time as everyone else, and I hope you can make it back next year...in the meantime, see you in Chicago--probably not wearing the red kilt, though, LOL!
Tom

Jan 3, 2011
Great time all around at the pipe show! This go around I focused on the tobaccos, though I couldn't resist a pipe purchase from Mattia. I wish Cornell and Diehl had a place here in St. Louis. The ability to sample the tobaccos and speak directly with those who know them best was simply fantastic.
Wish there were more pipe shows in St. Louis; one a month would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.