PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

momeerphil

Might Stick Around
Oct 26, 2009
burg, yes, I believe kids are allowed to attend, which seems to be true for most, if not all, pipe shows. Most pipe shows have somewhat of a family atmosphere to them. I have literally seen kids in strollers at most of the shows.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Kids are welcome but I made the mistake of bring my wife and kids to Chicago one year. My boys are grown now but I would never did it again!

I made it to the hotel around 3 and met up with my buddy Brad and Rex at the desk and we enjoyed the brutally cold day sitting around smoking and visiting until we ventured out for dinner and drinks at Tony's in historic St Charles. We had a quiet night, I lit up the pipe I had bought earlier in the day and we were joined by Tony and Rolf of MSP area who had just arrived. Today me and Rex will be checking out the area shops and later will will join up with "uncle" Chuck who was delayed a day by weather. 8O

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
Awesome! Thank you for the reply. I'm excited as this is my fist show and I'm bringing my son, dad, and a good friend of mine who is also getting into pipes. See you there!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I didn't go to the show but I did get a report from someone who did. Apparently business was brisk and attendance was very good. Unfortunately for attendees Mother Nature decided to bless them with a Winter Storm of modest proportions but enough to make people abandon ship early. I am told the show was basically over by 2:30PM.
Stlouis%20Carl_zpspxgdsgum.jpg
[/url][/img]
This is the main aisle used by the KC club. Standing is Carl Staudenmyer (president),Bill Miller, Joe Ketcherside, Steve Stein, Bob Oswald, and Sue Oswald. You will notice Brian Levine at the end of the table. The sharper eyed will notice Premal Chheda behind Steve Stein.
Stlouis%20Dru_zpsqz1fgoh8.jpg
[/url][/img]
Bill Miller, Joe Ketcherside, Steve Stein, Dru Melpolder, and Bob Oswald. In the center back is the Pipe Tart, Sally Gottleibson.
StLouis%20Bill%20Miller_zps6ezmozrb.jpg
[/url][/img]
Bill Miller manning Carl's table. The silver haired gentleman at the bar is legendary collector Tony Soderman.

Status
Not open for further replies.