PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
February 28, 2015. An incredible show, everyone should go. St Charles MO Banquet Center

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
If I'm ever going to get myself to a pipe show it's going to be this one. 8)
On a side note everybody in the mid west is going to be enjoying sub zero temps for the next two days. Cheers and bring it on. 8) 8)

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"On a side note everybody in the mid west is going to be enjoying sub zero temps for the next two days. Cheers and bring it on. 8) 8)"
I wish Warren would just keep it up there where it belongs!

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I plan on attending as usual Thurs afternoon to Sunday morning. This was my first pipe show in 1997 and I hope it will not be the last one. I heard the hotel we have been staying at for the past few shows at The Heart Of St Charles Banquet Hall is now smoke free so many of us have booked the St Charles Super 8. I don't know what will happen with the room crawl and The Gateway Pipe Club's famous hospitality room on Friday night. 8O

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Who wants to go to a show that will most likely not allow smoking and most likely not allow smoking at the hotel.

I AM VERY SORRY BUT I MISSPOKE OR WAS VERY UNCLEAR!!!!!!!

The Heart of St Charles Banquet Hall is allowing us to smoke this one last time but I've been told the hotel is smoke free and many of us booked smoking rooms at the Super 8. I am very sorry for this mistake!!!

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I will very likely be there, with a table. Just gotta call and order it! Ideally getting in Friday afternoon, and leaving Saturday evening.

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
I will definitely be there. I went last year and it was pretty overwhelming. It was my first show and I have never seen so many pipes in one place. Loads of fun, though.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I do not know if I will be able to make it, but those of you who do go should drop by John Dengler Tobacconist.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Someone else will have to pick up the torch in St. Louis for them to have a show in 2016. The guys who are doing the heavy lifting for this show are giving it up after this year. There is plenty of young blood in St. Louis so they should be able to get new faces behind this show.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Gentlemen, the demise of the STL show is Greatly Exaggerated!
I have attended the last 2 meetings of the StL Pipe Club and it IS going to continue next year at the same time, but in a different location.
More details will be available at the show!
Boys, the Saint Louis Show is TRULY one of the best shows in the country, year in and year out. Why?
1. Smoking is allowed on the show floor. Sample the wears, try the tobacco, show off your smoke-rings---and you never have to leave the floor!
2. Attendance. The StL show consistently draws 500 attendees from all over the midwest, as well as exhibitors from other parts of the country and world. It is one day of heavy activity, crazy-good deals and (if you've never been to a show before) MIND BLOWING pipes and pipe-related accouterments.
3. Legacy. 25+ Years and counting!

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
I am looking forward to the Show this Saturday. Always a great Show in St. Louis. Frank Burla and I will be at the Chicago Table. Please stop by and say Hello! Craig

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
How does the St. Louis Show compare to the Columbus Show as far as vendor and Artisan Turnout?
All shows have there own personality and nature. St. Louis probably doesn't have quite as many vendors and artisans as Columbus, but it has a family gathering feel to it that makes it unique. If you are willing to come in Friday night there is a lot of wheeling and dealing in the vendor's rooms.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Thanks kcghost for the response. I was just curious really. I go to the Columbus show every year because its a 10 minute drive from where I live. It is the only show I have ever been to.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I'm heading out early tomorrow> A hot salami at Gioia's deli for a late lunch and dinner and smoke filled room with the gang tomorrow night! This is a great ol' school pipe show without the flashy lifestyle stuff that is creeping in to the hobby. I can recommend you make an effort to come! 8O

burg

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2012
Greetings, fellas! I plan to go to the show and would like to bring my 14 year old son along with me. Are kids allowed to attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.