St. James Flake Removed from Smokingpipes.com?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Iwan Ries wants to charge me $48 to ship 1 tin USPS Priority Mail to Hawaii!

A USPS Priority Mail package this size only costs around $6-$7 to ship.

I’m going to call them, and ask them what’s up with this nonsense.

LePipe.it just shipped me last month 2 pipes from Italy using FedEx Express for only $17 USD.

Seriously if this how a company is going to operate with extreme prices for shipping like this, people should not support them! ?

8D900D71-F305-4E8D-893E-988156F911B5.jpeg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Iwan Ries wants to charge me $48 to ship 1 tin USPS Priority Mail to Hawaii!

A USPS Priority Mail package this size only costs around $6-$7 to ship.

I’m going to call them, and ask them what’s up with this nonsense.

LePipe.it just shipped me last month 2 pipes from Italy using FedEx Express for only $17 USD.

Seriously if this how a company is going to operate with extreme prices for shipping like this, people should not support them! ?

View attachment 63217
What happened to that Aloha spirit?
Seriously though, that does seem like a lot of money for shipping. Have you called them to ask for an explanation?

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I doubt that SP.com has discontinued selling St. James Flake. It is an extremely popular blend & there has been no notification that SG has discontinued it. Rest easy it’s a blend that can be found elsewhere until SP.com gets it back on line.
I have no personal knowledge of anything...I just prefer to be reasonable & optimistic bout one of my favorite retailers and blends. Give them a call and see what’s going on...I’m sure the answer is quite simple. ?☕

Jun 9, 2018
England
Unrelated but kind of related...

That's a real shame but the bit at the end about maybe licensing it to sell worldwide sounds interesting.

Reactions: BROBS

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Sometimes I wish vendors would just show what is in stock. I use Tubotin on occasion to save time to look for stuff through major retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.