May 31, 2012
AWESOME!!!
I laughed out loud.

:lol:
Good stuff Jorge,

keen sense of wit!

:clap:

I wish St. Bruno was only $6 a pouch,

that would be the world I want to live in!

:puffy:
Thanks for posting.
Maybe now a new term can be here at PM,

next time someone sees me post SWYFM?

they should know what I mean!
:idea:

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
In Spain is only €5.35, which, roughly, equals to $5.9 at current rates, that is, $6 if you round it up. I am not sure you can buy any in the US, but it is freely available in Spain.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Jorge- Are the Spaniards a bunch of anti-smoking pantywaists like we have in the US and Canada, or are they more reasonable about people's personal choices?

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Well, I live in the UK, but I believe Spain has the same laws and regulations as we have over here in England. Shame. :( By the way, a pouch of St. Bruno in the UK will set you back $18 more or less. This is why I buy all my tobacco in Spain.

May 31, 2012
Do they sell the Flake in Spain?
Or only Ready Rubbed?
Can not the UK exchequer figure out that much tax monies are being lost to a foreign govt. and adjust their rates more accordingly to a realistic level?
Or are they like here in the US where the govt. officials can claim that "smoking rates have dropped" and skewer the data to look like no one is buying tobacco?
:?:

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Well, that would make sense. The Laffer curve states there is a point where if you push tax any higher, you don't collect more revenues, but less.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
+ for the Laffer Curve. Not many folks know Arthur Laffer but he is a frequent guest on the financial shows. Now to St. Bruno; is it the same recipe as the stuff made for the UK market? Just curious as I heard it was different.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
It is 100% the same stuff, but you can only buy the Ready Rubbed option in Spain. I like both, so I am perfectly fine with either one.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Just received some from Ben88. I am surprised to say that the fresh stuff is not as good as the aged stuff. That or it isn't as good as it was when they made it in 2005.

jorgesoler

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2014
Unfortunately enough, I have never tried the other stuff, but this one is good enough for my money. I feel somewhat sorry this is a tobacco that has always been around but that I never wanted to try because of my own prejudices, namely, 1. this is a convenience store blend, 2. it does not come in a tin, and 3. because of its price tag. This is precisely the idea that I have drawn upon when I designed the meme opening this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.