PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
These St. Bruno and Condor with mild Lakeland characters are growing on me. It's a wonder how tobacconists from the old days can invent such a topping / flavor that blends so well with the taste of tobacco to deliver a consistent smoke. :puffy:
St. Bruno Ad.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I was gifted a 5 sleeve of JBRussell era 100g Flake tins
What a great gesture! :clap:

Troy- could you post a pic of one of them? Do they look like THIS?

I scored these off the 'bay & (im)patiently waiting on their arrival...... I can't find much on the dates of these, methinks 80's-90's??

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I too have smoked some St.Bruno in the past, but only had the Ready Rubbed variety. I know it is a matter of personal taste preferences, but for me I have always thought the mighty Condor was King of the OTC Tobaccos. I have been smoking it exclusively for about six years now. I know there is nothing else that can compare to the taste I get from Condor.
Eric

May 31, 2012
I scored these off the 'bay & (im)patiently waiting on their arrival...... I can't find much on the dates of these, methinks 80's-90's??
Wow,

what a great find at a great price!
SCORE!

:clap:
I'd say 70's or 80's
But a British forum member may actually know better about the timeframe...
This advert is circa 1987 and they've already switched to pouches, although it may have remained tinned for export?
:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO-c4nq4yDE
:
:
...another old telly advert, starts at 2:00...
:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ixNywVlik

jimbo44

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
"The no longer produced tinned version was more of a shag cut with a deeper, darker Virginia flavor that was loaded with nicotine and the casing caused the blend to smell and taste of hints of fermented raisins."
The demise of "Rough Cut" was the day the music died!
"I'd say 70's or 80's"
I agree - later was pouches and earlier tins didn't have the brown stripe.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Thanks mlc-

Love those old adverts! The one with the Native Americans and the peace pipe is a real cracker! I miss the old politically incorrect days............... :puffy:

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Congratulations on the vintage St.Bruno, I am sure you will enjoy it!
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.