PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I knew Pipes and Cigars had St.Bruno listed as available for pre order and then listed as back ordered. But just this morning I noticed Iwan Ries has both the Flake and Ready Rubbed listed as in stock. Just curious, as it appears...the long awaited English classic appears to be back on our shores! :worship:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
jesse, I am waiting for you to try it before I do. Let me know how strong the floral aspect is, thanks buddy. Oh yeah, 16.15 is such a rip off, there you go.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
It is still cheaper than we have to pay for it in the UK gents.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
are you saying that St. Bruno is the same as Peterson's 3Ps?
No, not at all, just comparing the price of two very good tobaccos. St. Bruno is a Lakeland but a very subdued compared to some others, very nice enjoyable smoke. 3P's is one of my favorites, I highly recommend it.

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
davet, or anyone for that matter, are you saying that St. Bruno is the same as Peterson's 3Ps?
I feel they are nothing alike. The topping on St Bruno sees to that I think. I don't think that was what was being implied though. I would not know how to describe St Bruno but I am no reviewer and that is for sure. I have to be very much in the mood for St Bruno.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Thanks for the answers guys. I wasn't sure what Dave was trying to say, but I'm glad that it's not the same as 3P. But not because I don't like 3P, in fact I smoke it quite a bit. I will probably have to try St. Bruno at some point in spite of the price, because I like most Lakeland tobaccos. (please don't hate me...) :roll:

averagegent

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2016
+1 Jazz's first post... We pay an equivalent of (and I just checked this) $19.50usd! (I know you guys are aware of this, but it still annoys me!

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
I got a can of the flake today. It's what it says on the tin, it's St. Bruno. It's quite good.
I do seem to recall some folks on here getting upset about rusty ODF tins - there's an insert in the St Bruno tin that explains that due to historic purity laws, vinegar is still used as a preservative, and that it will cause rust in the tin.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
For anyone near the Pittsburgh, Pa area, Allegheny Smoke Works has recently recieved some tins of St. Bruno Flake, pouches of ready rubbed and some tins of Gold Block.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
I got a can of the flake today. It's what it says on the tin, it's St. Bruno. It's quite good.
I do seem to recall some folks on here getting upset about rusty ODF tins - there's an insert in the St Bruno tin that explains that due to historic purity laws, vinegar is still used as a preservative, and that it will cause rust in the tin.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Can't wait until mine comes in.

there's an insert in the St Bruno tin that explains that due to historic purity laws, vinegar is still used as a preservative, and that it will cause rust in the tin.

I don't understand why it is only an issue for Mac Baren?
I've enjoyed my free sample of St Bruno. I didn't find the floral note overwhelming, nor like any of the other scented stuff that I've tried. It was worth what I paid. I might get more... some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.