PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Love the "Diplomat" when I have the time, but the tiny "Morgan" is definitely a favorite smoke of mine.
UXjY66f.jpg

I guess the word 'splurge' in reference to the pipes is a bit disingenuous in this case. :lol:

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Good tobacco but damn Lukas you are all over the place with your choice in tobacco. I’m sure your choices will narrow down a little so be careful what you buy because you’ll have a bunch of stuff you no longer enjoy. It happened to me years ago.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
My tastes are all over the map as well! Smoking a variety of blends keeps the palate fresh, IMO. If you do find you don't like something anymore, you can always trade or sell it. Some of those are in high demand when fresh and will be lusted after with age.
That's got to be near a grand worth of tobacco and twenty bucks on pipes, to go along with $5 worth of lighters. THAT, I can relate to as well. :lol:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I guess the word 'splurge' in reference to the pipes is a bit disingenuous in this case. :lol:
Hah! Yes, indeed. I like humor.
But I notice a remarkable absence of American made blends. On purpose?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You may not need any new tobacco for ten years or so. Happy smoking.

Jun 23, 2019
@cshubhra, @jzbdano - Thanks!
@jon11 - Admittedly some of these were picked up for friends who live in places without "premium tobacco", funny how this demographic seems to uniformly prefer aromatics. But yes, I do have an odd taste for any and all tobacco.
@danimalia - This picture does NOT accurately represent my PAD and its many many manifestations, but yeah a silver/gold/platinum/uranium St. Dupont lighter? No thank you, I'd rather have the dollar-value in matches.

Jun 23, 2019
@jpmcwjr - Woo! What a great opportunity for a political joke, but I'll refrain. American burley stuff remind me of cigarettes too much. I got into pipes to quit ciggys (and did so within the first week) so I've tried to stay away. At least, for now.
@newportpipe - Sadly, a select few are for friends and family, but yes this is me until 2025 whenever the TAD strikes or I need to deter some PAD. :lol:
@ukbob, @mso489 - Thanks. I'd say I'm ready for the zombie apocalypses now.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
@jpmcwjr - Woo! What a great opportunity for a political joke, but I'll refrain. American burley stuff remind me of cigarettes too much. I got into pipes to quit ciggys (and did so within the first week) so I've tried to stay away. At least, for now.
Could have been clearer; I meant US made English blends: American blenders stand at least toe-to-toe with English and European mfg's in the English/Balkan realm. (Personally, I avoid burley as much as possible.)

Jun 23, 2019
@redglow - Thank you!
@jpmcwjr - Ah, understood. I'll be honest, I don't have the opportunity to sample too many tabacchi in person so usually my preferences are suggested/come on friends' recommendations. Would you care to name a few American blends that I should try? TIA.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
With pleasure:
Smyrna

John Cotton 1 and 1&2

Quiet Nights

Balkan Supreme

Blackhouse

White Knight

Plum Pudding

Father Dempsey

New Mix

Wilke has good Englishes, but don't know which too recommend.

Jun 23, 2019
@jpmcwjr - Big fan of Quiet Nights and Plum Pudding. Quiet Nights I have more than enough stocked already. I'll have to do some research and check out these others you've mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.