PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smoking-Pipe-By-Teaford-Ernie-/291192913249?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43cc733d61&_uhb=1
Very interesting piece I came across on ebay, definitely one of a kind. Buy it now price for 40$
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/registerherald/obituary.aspx?n=ernest-teaford&pid=160909113

Ernest (Ernie) Teaford, 86 of Eaton, passed away peacefully at home after a long illness on Friday, Nov 2, 2012.

He was a WWII Veteran, member of the American Legion and the VFW. He was the founding father of the Piston Pushers. He retired after 34 years with Alcoa in Richmond, Ind.

He is survived by his wife Betty of 28 years, his children Danny Teaford (Karen), Aleis Kramer (Norman), Deidra Davis (Lincoln), 11 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren, special niece Michelle and numerous other nieces, nephews and friends.

He was preceded in death by his parents, his first wife Delores, son Ernie Jr., a great-grandson, brother Jim Teaford and sister Marilynn Keller.

Celebration of Ernie's life will be Nov. 24, at Lakengren Lodge from 7-10 p.m. In memory of Ernie, donations can be made to the Diabetes Association.

May 31, 2012
...Ernie has passed away and we have about 50 of these pipes to offer.
Wow!

They have 50 of them,

it must of cost a pretty penny to have made I think,

it's got one of the most convoluted airways I've ever seen, and why is there an air-valve?

Who knows?

It might be a good smoker!
Ernie may have been an engineer, he worked for Alcoa, perhaps he even made the pipes in-house at the machine shop?
Related to this domain is the latest PFP blogpost,

http://www.apassionforpipes.com/neills-blog/2014/7/8/reflecting-on-innovation.html
...I remember seeing an ad for a Stryker pipe at some point and it had a crazy mazing airpath, anybody know anything about them?
It really is incredible just how many contraptions there have been devised over the years!

deathandtaxes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2014
Indianapolis IN
According to the literature the air valve regulates the mixture of air and smoke, purportedly eliminating any hot unwanted "bite". The literature also claims that the pipe can be disassembled and washed or cleaned with little effort. I curious as to the white material used for the shank of the pipe. Not much info out there on the pipe, or the man behind it. Appears he was into hot rodding. I did find it a little cheaper it the price point is a problem for anyone. That is if you don't mind buying from a hydroponics shop :wink:

http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/store/Teaford-Smoking-Pipe_291178266516.html

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
This pipe was created by Ernie Teaford of Eaton Ohio. They have been patented so what you see you will
not see any where else. Ernie has passed away and the money earned is going to his widow, Betty Teaford
We have a few of these pipes left, but when there gone there gone, no more will be produced.

Buy a pipe, help a WW2 veterans widow, it's win win, and you'll have a one of a kind pipe. I'm sure you could bid too and get it less than 40$, but the money's going to a widow.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I was very tempted to buy this when I first saw it. Very interesting pipe and a good deal.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
That's actually a pretty neat pipe. Though it is different, the design itself is not outlandish like I've seen from other "innovative" type makers. Hmm... I'm considering this one.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
$_57.JPG

That is a pretty interesting design.

Status
Not open for further replies.