PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Long story short...for some reason, a reply I was trying to post wasn't showing up in the forum and I thought I was doing something wrong. So I tried again, and again, and again...well...
A new friend, Sapo59, informed me that he had received an e-mail notification about the post, but didn't see it in the forum. At that point I realized that my post count had increased significantly and it occurred to me that I had probably just flooded everybody with a gazillion e-mail notifications!
I am truly sorry if this is the case. Lesson learned...patience.
Sheepishly,
Brett

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
The same thing happened to me not too long ago, but on the 3rd try, I got it right.
I believe it was due to a link to a pic I had in it.
So far though, I haven't noticed a flood of the same post from you.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Apparently the links I tried to create were getting picked up by the spam filter. Kevin was kind enough to sort out the problem and put only one of the ten! replies I posted. Oops!
For those interested, the Micro-mesh info is now in the "How do you keep the stem good looking" thread.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah it happens, Happy to be of help. I thought it was kinda funny.

dillydallydan

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
Interesting topic. Whenever I try to comment in a forum, I have to double-clutch the send button. Sometimes it takes three tries before the message sent confirmation arrives. The rest of the time I get a message saying, "you have to enter some content first", or "try again". Honestly I push the mouse button as hard as I possible can. Dunno why it takes three tries. I certainly HOPE those aborted "sends" don't create junk email somewhere.
If there is a trick to pushing the SEND button, please advise!

dillydallydan

Lurker
Feb 26, 2010
See? First try to send that got me the "you need to put in some content first pal!" message. Maybe this will go in one try...

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
You guys crack me up!
Yes, that is a feature to try to catch spammers. They typically put a lot of links in a thread.
Unfortunately, it sometimes catches legit stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.