PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
The planned seventh and final season on Sons of Anarchy starts tonight (Tuesday). Kurt Sutter is one of the best action TV writers period. From The Shield he was given free rein for his own show. He created, writes, directs and even has a part in SOA. For those who didn't know he played Otto, the Son in jail from the start. Kurt created new ways to torture the character (himself) every season, finally killing him off dramatically last season. Peter Weller, an avid cigar smoker, directs and acts in many of the shows. Kurt elevates every scene with no problem killing off main characters, I like that :clap:
Kurt also does insane live video chats from his basement between each episode, they're all on UTube. He's also married to Katy Segal one of the stars, that one I can't figure out...Must have a.... :nana:
So if you're a fan of SAMCRO shout it out! :twisted:
There is a few shows being tossed around by him including a prequel to SOA. That would be fitting, the shows backstory/manifesto that runs through the show is about John Teller, Jax's father.
Craig

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Anthony- You DEFINATTLY want to watch season six before this one. Get it anyway you can, DVR this first show. If you can't find it PM me and I can hook you up 8)
Craig

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah, I think what I'm going to do is re-watch seasons 1-5 while I'm waiting on Netflix to put out season 6. Then perhaps I'll just get the season 7 shows off of Itunes. It's a great show without a doubt. I was hooked on episode 1 of season 1.

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
Unfortunately, Hulu in Japan only has up to season two and man did the ending of the second season kill me. I keep waiting for Hulu to upload new seasons... but they never do.... :crying:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've been a fan from the get-go and I'm watching the premiere right now (thank goodness my hotel has the FX channel, not always a given).

Wow, I didn't know Otto was Sutter. He is pretty talented. I was a big fan of "The Shield" as well.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I cut my cable a few months back so I haven't pirated last nights premier. Can't wait. Sucks that two of my favorite shows end this fall. Tough seeing SoA and Boardwalk Empire going out.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Excellent show except for season 3. That season made me drop the show until last year. I started again with season 4 and kept going. When Amazon or Netflix gets S6 I can continue. I'm a cord cutter.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
BIg fan of the SAMCRO! My fiance and I got into the show a couple years ago and love it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Annabeth Gish is in this season as the new Sheriff. I loved her character in "The Bridge". She bought the farm last week, I wondered why.

Another new addition is Marilyn Manson, should be interesting to see how his character develops.

And, who survives the season!

kanada

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2014
I honestly thought season 6 was the end...I was terribly misinformed.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Finally watched the season opener this evening and, man, it delivered the goods.
SOA does remind me me of the "The Sopranos" and a comment Michael Imperioli made a season or two before the series ended, something along the lines of, "This series is not going to end well. They're all bad people."
So, on that note, my guess is that the last person standing will be Gemma and she'll be devastated that SAMCRO has been destroyed, Jax is dead and perhaps one or both of her beloved grandchildren will be gone as well. (The Gemmas of this world always seem to survive.)
Craig, you wrote, "Kurt elevates every scene with no problem killing off main characters, I like that." I laughed my ass off at your comment but it's so true. I can't recall ever watching a series where so many of my favorite characters checked out - and I mean checked out hard. (What he did to himself would make a necrophiliac gag.)
Another reason I enjoy this show so much is that just about any episode seems like a reunion of "Deadwood" actors. IIRC, last season had an episode reuniting Charlie Utter, Mr. Wu, Joanie Stubbs and Calamity Jane.
Fnord

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@fnord, Game of Thrones is the same way hen it comes to killing off major/favorite characters.
As for the premier, nothing has changed for Gemma. She is going to set this entire mess in motion after what she did on the season opener. All out war because of her impulsive and reckless decisions. I'm interested to see what Juice is going to do after they showed him turning coat (or kutte?).
I bet you're right that Gemma will be the last one standing, but Sutter confirmed that we would see the deaths of two club members. My bet would be Chibbs is one of them just because after Opie he is the most loved club member that would be the least deserving of death.
Going to be a crazy, wild, bloody end to a really good show.
I still miss The Sopranos though. Favorite show in my lifetime.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
CommanderMcBragg:
Last year I said goodbye to "Southland" and the incredibly true to life but so unappreciated "Men of a Certain Age". This year "SOA", "Boardwalk Empire" and "Justified" are checking it in as well.
Toss in A&E's recent cancellation of "Longmire" plus "Sons of Guns" and I'm damned near bereft. (I love the Longmire novels and have always enjoyed blowing shit up.)
Fnord

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I never got into Longmire though it did look good. I did enjoy Justified but didn't watch it past the first two seasons. I have a hard time watching more than a small handful of shows between my regular dosage of movies and sports.
Only shows I've been watching this current year are: Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story and Doctor Who.
Now I'll only have three shows to watch at the end of November.
Thankfully Netflix helps me catch up on other favorites that I don't make a point of watching consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.