PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I lol’d at @pantsBoots reaction ?
To each their own, I guess. Every time some music has me scratching my head (or recoiling in abject horror), I force myself to remember that for any music out there, it's somebody's favorite, somewhere, for some reason. I still remember when I was deep in my crust punk phase, when Green Day came out. It mystified me and then I realized - it's safe music for people who want to feel edgy, but aren't. Likewise, pop country is for suburban housewives who like horses at a distance, pictures of rolling crop fields, and Live Laugh Love.

I don't know who Nickelback appeals to, because I've never met a fan in the wild.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly (1968)

In a gadda da vida, honey
Don't you know that I love you
In a gadda da vida, baby
Don't you know that I'll always be true

My very first record album, then RAAD (Record Album Acquisition Disorder) hit...they started piling up all over my bedroom.

1617193868672.png

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Friggin in The Rigging....

'Twas on the good ship Venus,
By Christ you should have seen us,
The figurehead
Was a whore in bed,
And the mast a rampant penis.

Need I say more. The song was a very old Navy ditty but was also a popular release by the group Sex Pistols in 1979
Yes! Not only did I think of this song after I responded to this thread, but as of late, I have described some individuals as not being "fit to shovel shit from one place to another."

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.