Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's been a long time since the pipe world has seen any new inventions. Here's a pretty cool one, especially for guys that like to smoke in their car, or while fishing or golfing.
I'd like to welcome a new sponsor of our online magazine and community - The Pipe Tray.
- Smoking While Driving Made Easier with The Pipe Tray!

- Designed to sit inside a cupholder in your car, boat or truck

- It's a Pipestand with Built-in Ashtray

- Handcrafted of Pine, Cherry or Maple

- The BowSprit Fits in any cupholder in your car, boat or truck

- The Executive is designed to sit on any table
And our own member, DanBoston, stars in the ad as the guy smoking his pipe while driving. Thanks Dan and thanks The Pipe Tray.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Mason, there are these little bead / ball-like pieces that are adjustable and hold the pipe in place.
Look:

bowsprit-white-bg.jpg

Check it out, it has your name written all over it:

http://thepipetray.com/bowsprit-pipe-holder

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I did check out the site, Kevin. I don't think you realize just how jarring it is to ride in a big truck. I can see the pipe jumping right out of it. I suppose I could rig a velcro strap across it or something, but I think that would defeat the idea of this clever device. Seems perfect for the car or boat though.
Maybe they could give some thought to a "big rig" model, I do know there are a fair number of pipe smoking truckers out there.

thepipetray

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
I haven't tested it in a big rig. I have tested it in my pickup on a wild ride it never moved. PipeTrucker send me your address and I will send you one at my expense as long as you give me honest feed back - good or bad. If you like it I suggest buying one for your everyday transpotation and one for your home, patio, friends home, local bar etc. LOL
Scott at The PipeTray

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
@Scott from The Pipe Tray
Traffic in Houston is pretty bad. I think I may need to test one as well. :D Hard to get a morning smoke at 4:30 in the morning.
Looks like a great product. Hope you do well.
@ Kevin
Have to say, once again, you are doing great developing this site. I don't think i would have ever seen the pipe tray or any of these other sponsors without this site.

connolse

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
Neat! It has been bad enough resisting the urge to buy a pipe from Uncle Arthur, and now this comes along too:)
willpower. . .fading. . .PAD . . .PAAD. . .(pipe accessory acquisition disorder). . .

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Scott: The dowel rods need to be covered with heat shrink tubing so that there is some rubber gripping power, otherwise you have 2 slick wood finishes together, and might help prevent marring the finish of the pipe.

thepipetray

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
Hobie1dog,

That's a great idea. I will consider it. The dowels however do flex and as of yet I have not had a complaint. Thanks for your great input.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.