PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jun 25, 2021
England
The only place I know of that does good cheeseburgers is a pub 30 miles away.
They do great lamb burgers with goats cheese. I might have to move house.

Oh yeah... tobacco. Three or four favourite blends are all I really need.
Like a lot of others I have a cellar full of of baccy that has gone out of favour with me.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Yep I can and often live on 1/4 pound cheeseburgers with mustard, ketchup, onions, pickles, lettuce, mayonnaise, tomatoes, and a fried egg.
Thank you.

When it comes to food, I enjoy variety and do not typically have the same meal in a month (except for maybe pizza and burgers).

Burgers are probably the one food I can eat regularly, provided the toppings can vary.

I used to work at a tapas/tavern and created the burger of the day. Sometimes the daily special was designed for the customer (mushroom, onion and swiss with a garlicky mayo) while others were to express creativity or for fun (like a triple decker Mexican burger with different toppings on each level and fried tortillas as buns).

Note, sometimes the standards just hit the spot, like a burger with lettuce/tomatoe/onion/cheese/mayo) especially if executed well.

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
I've become a "one blend fella" lately. I went through a years long exploration, trying to find blends that I like, trying vastly different styles. But when I finally found a tobacco that really suited me, it was a big relief. I keep a few jars of other blends I liked okay (I dislike most blends) just in case I want to switch things up. So far, no, I don't. I smoke the one blend, and I am happy.

Inspired Idler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Denver, CO
I think it's a right of passage to expose oneself to as many blends as possible initially. As time goes by we are able to zero-in on our preferred tastes and realize that pipe tobacco is comparable to Taco Bell. It's all made from the same base ingredients just in different ratios and presentations. After I realized that I became more comfortable sticking to the tried and true blends and resisting the nagging urge to sample yet another clone.

forloveoffreedom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2013
After trying perhaps 60 blends and straights I finally picked my favorite Virginia. Mind you it was , I think , March of ‘18. Shoot I miss Blackwoods.

Reactions: tmcg81

Effortlessdepths

Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I've been trying to finish off some half full jars for the last month or so. One of the jars is Peterson Elizabethan. I didn't care for it the first few bowls and then just kinda moved on. I decided to come back to it last week and I've been smoking a bowl of it most days. It's still not my favorite, but I do like it more every time I smoke it.

There are so many blends out there and sometimes it feels like every week I read about some other blend that "I gotta try." Smoking the same thing every day definitely has its appeal. I'm not saying I'm gonna be a one blend fella, but sometimes I think I could stand a bit more familiarity in my life.
Man.... I agree. I have so many different kinds, I'm always trying to pick out the blend for the next bowl... I have often pondered just sticking to one or two blends for at least a week. I don't know

Reactions: tmcg81

tmcg81

May 8, 2020
NJ
I finished the jar of Elizabethan tonight. I've been trying to be more mindful in regards to smoking slowly, and this bowl is probably the best bowl of Elizabethan I've had. I'll be a little bummed when I'm done with it. For a blend I didn't particularly enjoy the first time, I've come to really like it and today I actually was excited to smoke it. I'm not sure it will be something that I buy 20 tins of, but I'll probably still order a couple tins with my next purchase.