PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunnster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2019
Just venting, but I'm highly upset. Someone took it upon themselves to enter my back porch and steal not one, but two of my pipes while I was away from home Thanksgiving. One of which was an Edward's from the 70s that was one of my best smokers. The other I can stand to loose, but still....I hate a thief cuz I would have gladly given up a couple pipes if someone just asked me and seemed interested.

I have my ideas of who took them (seeing as the only people that walk behind my house are some punk teens who are going to smoke pot out of it once and ditch it. It's a big loss emotionally

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I leave my pipes on the porch and often have thought the pink teens might steal one - never happened yet personally - but I understand your frustration and sorry for your loss

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Sorry to hear about your loss, but really you left your pipes on the porch with punk teens roaming about. Hopefully you were not leaving favorite pipes out and vulnerable. Doesn't change how much it sucks, but adds a layer of improper pipe care. Kind of like pipers I've known that had no proper care and cleaning and use no care when emptying the dottle and smack their pipe off of a rock. Just like that it's sad the pipe got broken, but the saddest part is how utterly and completely avoidable it is. Personally I'd fuck with the teens. Ask them if they saw the pipes and when they say no tell them it's really important you find them cause the stuff you use to clean them will make people really sick....... Guess my point is that sucks and don't leave pipes outside ever.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Sadly the days of if it isn't yours, leave it alone are gone. I miss those days. Now days if it isn't bolted down it's mine. If it is bolted down, some one will steal a wrench and come back.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Just venting, but I'm highly upset. Someone took it upon themselves to enter my back porch and steal not one, but two of my pipes while I was away from home Thanksgiving. One of which was an Edward's from the 70s that was one of my best smokers. The other I can stand to loose, but still....I hate a thief cuz I would have gladly given up a couple pipes if someone just asked me and seemed interested.

I have my ideas of who took them (seeing as the only people that walk behind my house are some punk teens who are going to smoke pot out of it once and ditch it. It's a big loss emotionally
Damn damned damn damn. Truly hate hearing that. :(:(:( What a low-rent low-down dirty dog thing to do. -growl-

nunnster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2019
Well it is a screened in back porch, and I leave them outside after a long evening of smoking to let them air out a day before I place them back into my tobacco cabinet. I've done this for quite some time, and never had an issue or even a worry that someone might take them, aside from a fellow pipe smoker they have no value. I understand that I bare the most of burden of responsibility, leaving them unsecured and such, but I guess I was raised with a little more respect for others and their belongings. It's just frustrating. And yea I have a picture of them. The Edwards is the two tone one that looks like leopard spots, and the one right next to that is the other one that was taken.

Attachments

• 20191019_122333.jpg
    20191019_122333.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Sad
Reactions: jhowell

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you can take the time, I'd ask your police or sheriff to stop around and get the story. Tell them it's understood they aren't going to launch an investigation of your missing pipes, but rather that your pipes may turn up in a stash of stolen goods. You could even get them back after the police use them as evidence, along with the lawnmowers, firearms, jewelry, etc. that may be with them. If you give them the stamp info off the pipes, that may help too. You may never hear back, or best case, they could already have them.

Reactions: kingjon and shanez
Status
Not open for further replies.