PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
Here are some of the B & M tobacco shops in the Syracuse, NY area:
Kieffer's Cigar Store, 409 Tulip St., Liverpool-- Friendly and helpful personnel. Good selection of both tinned and bulk tobaccos: tinned tobaccos include several of each of Dunhill, Ashton, CAO, Samuel Gawith and Sutliff tobaccos; in bulk, there's an assortment of Altadis, Samuel Gawith, Lane Limited and MacBaren tobaccos. Modest selection of pipes, ranging from Missouri Meerschaums to Petersons. Reasonable prices. Kieffer's will try to order anything not in stock that's carried by their regular distributors, but it may take a little time.
Mallard Tobacconist, 208 Walton St. Syracuse (Armory Square)-- Friendly personnel, but sadly, they don't have the selection of tobaccos they used to. Now it's just a few tins of Sutliff and MacBaren tobaccos, and Presbyterian Mixture (no more McClelland, Rattray's or Dunhill) and a few Altadis bulks. Modest selection of good pipes.
Sheik's Cigars, 300 S. Main St., North Syracuse-- Very limited selection; personnel seems less familiar with pipe tobaccos than cigars. A few Altadis bulks, mostly flavored aromatics. Only tinned tobacco offered is MacBaren Symphony. A few pipes; decent cigar selection.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I went to Mallard Tobacconists a few years ago and found it exactly as you describe. If I get the chance, I'll have to check out Kieffer's the next time in the area. Sounds like a nice shop. Thanks!
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Evening and welcome aboard Aikatal.

Thanks for the information.

If they would like to be listed in the "Pipe Store Locator" reccommend (too them) that they contact Kevin Godbee via email: admin@pipesmagazine.com.

:puffy:

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
Thanks, Lawrence-- I'll mention it to the owner first chance I get.
Thank you too, wildcat.
I should note that Kieffer's isn't the neatest or best-organized store around, but I can almost always find something I like in there. I neglected to include Peterson tobaccos on my list of what they stock in tins. A fresh supply of Samuel Gawith tobaccos should be arriving there soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.