PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.

And Coffee, tea, chocolate and tobacco! All in an old book!!

And yes, I am absolutely smoking a pipe and enjoying a coffee while I am reading this. Americano from my favorite coffee place and Esoteric Woodbridge in the world’s slowest coloring meerschaum pipe - for inquiring minds, lol.

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
I'm just doing some of my favourite things.
Just chilling. Family in a different room so peace and quiet.
Great penmanship! I've been wanting to get back into journaling. What is your notebook of choice, there?

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
Great penmanship! I've been wanting to get back into journaling. What is your notebook of choice, there?
Thanks
This is a cheap one from a supermarket. No brand name. Paper is a bit thin, but it does the job.

I have tried Clairefontaine and Rhodia which is nicer paper. #

When we went into covid lockdown and started working from home. I liberated the office of notebooks and paper. For work purposes (more or less)

The paper I really wanted was the toilet paper. But that had already been liberated by another department.

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Thanks
This is a cheap one from a supermarket. No brand name. Paper is a bit thin, but it does the job.

I have tried Clairefontaine and Rhodia which is nicer paper. #

When we went into covid lockdown and started working from home. I liberated the office of notebooks and paper. For work purposes (more or less)

The paper I really wanted was the toilet paper. But that had already been liberated by another department.
Oh man, don't remind me!

The Rhodias look nice and simple. Never heard of that brand before.

I used to have a leather-bound journal with hand-made paper. It was cool for the novelty, but the paper was way too thick to be practical. I went a little too "Lewis and Clark" with it, I think.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Spent some time thinking about it. My favorite thing has to be sitting in a recliner on my back porch with my dogs, a cup of coffee, some elderberry cobbler, and a pipe while watching a thunderstorm in the middle of summer.

Oct 3, 2021
Southeastern PA
Spent some time thinking about it. My favorite thing has to be sitting in a recliner on my back porch with my dogs, a cup of coffee, some elderberry cobbler, and a pipe while watching a thunderstorm in the middle of summer.
That sounds like a great afternoon. Can't say I ever had elderberry cobbler, but I do enjoy pretty much any cobbler.

1_wKVTs-l580XpltHA4R66Uw.gif

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Growing up: baseball or backyard football.

College: porching it with a beverage, cigar, and tunes while watching the bar crowd stumble home on sorority row.

Grad school: porching it with a beverage and book while smoking a cigar.

Now: early morning pipe with a bottomless cup of coffee and perhaps a book before the household awakens.

All throughout my life: cooking. It's one of the few things that involves all five senses (and only one with clothes on), while sharing your soul and experiences with others.