PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That looks like so much fun! Do the two of you share pipes? Or is there a strict separation between his/hers?
Funny you should ask...??? All 550+ pipes are all mine now ???? I had only 100 pipes when we got together and to my surprise I found out he is an avid pipe collector! And then he said the magic words: "all of his pipe collection is mine now"... Well then! You don't have to tell me that twice! So be it! But I do share them with him? it's the least I could do.... ????

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
That is an exceptionally large pipe collection. Understanding that you are not smoking them on a regular basis, how do you store them all? Do you keep them in their original socks or boxes and Get them out when they’re ready to go into the ”rotation”.
Just moving all those pipes and other accoutrements for smoking will be a significant undertaking when you move. But, they are much worse problems to have.
Great that you have someone to enjoy this wonderful hobby of smoking pipes with!
looking forward to the finished smoking room and the grand display of your amazing collection.

• Love
Reactions: Smoke Queen

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That is an exceptionally large pipe collection. Understanding that you are not smoking them on a regular basis, how do you store them all? Do you keep them in their original socks or boxes and Get them out when they’re ready to go into the ”rotation”.
Just moving all those pipes and other accoutrements for smoking will be a significant undertaking when you move. But, they are much worse problems to have.
Great that you have someone to enjoy this wonderful hobby of smoking pipes with!
looking forward to the finished smoking room and the grand display of your amazing collection.
Thank you! Yes they're all in their individual socks / boxes and we just take them out when we want to smoke them. I have them in what I like to call my big treasure chest for now. When we move they'll be displayed in our pipe room in pipe racks, stands and cabinets ?

Reactions: Fralphog

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Funny you should ask...??? All 550+ pipes are all mine now ???? I had only 100 pipes when we got together and to my surprise I found out he is an avid pipe collector! And then he said the magic words: "all of his pipe collection is mine now"... Well then! You don't have to tell me that twice! So be it! But I do share them with him? it's the least I could do.... ????

That’s the way marriage works. After our wedding I found out what’s mine is hers and what’s hers is…hers.

To be honest though there’s not much conflict in practice; her interest in pipes is negligible and mine in women’s shoes still less.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
This is the most spectacular collection I have ever seen in my life. I wish you many happy smokes with those beautiful and elegant pipes.................???????????

• Love

Smoke Queen

Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
That’s the way marriage works. After our wedding I found out what’s mine is hers and what’s hers is…hers.

To be honest though there’s not much conflict in practice; her interest in pipes is negligible and mine in women’s shoes still less.
??? That works well for you guys... We have a lot of similar interests so we share a lot ?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Those Jess pipes are awesome., congrats on a great score I have been telling my self for years once all my 4 kids are out of school or working, I am going to buy me a Jess. I could easily afford it today, but I wouldn't feel right spending that kind of of money on a pipe until my other obligations are taken care of first. . Here is my dream Jess.

• Love