PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
For Radice, SP in the US and Al Pascia in the UK.
Savinelli Autograph is a great value.
Remember that as an estate for $400 or $500 you can get an awesome pipe.

Reactions: anotherbob

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Just a heads up -
If you're open to estate pipes, Pipesmagazine sponsor Dave Neeb of Mkelaw Pipes has just listed a few billiards (in the "new listings" section) in your price range.
I've bought from Dave, and his description of the pipes are honest and spot-on. His prices are fair and, most importantly, the pipes arrive in a very clean condition. (Despite that, I still do an alcohol clean of the airways on all estate pipes on arrival these days).

And @simong has posted 4 straight and 1 bent billiard in the "Pipes for Sale" section for Stg150 (the lot) which is in your price range

Last edited:

SmokeClouds

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2019
New York
I would look for Radice or Posella pipes. Have several of them and they smoke outstanding. Estate Cavicchi or Tonino would be in your price range as well.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Where is the best place to shop for these?
Where do you live??

Please put your location in your Profile as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. Just country if you must.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
Another vote for Savinelli. They have a large selection in a wide price range to meet the needs of most. I have several, and they all smoke as good as they look ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always enjoy my Ser Jacopo. I got one of their more traditional shapes, a Dublin, but with a rather unique square serpentine shank and stem. I got it on an incredible discount on sale from SP. I like their more traditional shapes. I'm smoking a bowl of Spilman Mixture in it right now.

Reactions: SmokeClouds

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Did you look into getting it repaired? For this you one of the 3-4 guys who truly have a gift for which this type of damage. Ask @georged who he'd recommend for this job. He could do it but he is semi-retired and usually only handles high end pipes.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Did you look into getting it repaired? For this you one of the 3-4 guys who truly have a gift for which this type of damage. Ask @georged who he'd recommend for this job. He could do it but he is semi-retired and usually only handles high end pipes.
I would inquire with Boswell directly and send it back for repair.

Reactions: beezer

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This is a specialized repair. Boswell might take it on but making a pipe is a hell of a lot harder than that. Well, assuming you wanted a seamless repair.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I'm looking for something under $250 and prefer a large bowl in a straight classic billiard shape.

What are some good smokers in this price range and category?

Well to start out, everyone is going to have their favorites, and it is probably safe to say, sticking with the popular names out there is a pretty safe bet.

But expensive pipes can be not so great smokers, and inexpensive pipes great smokers.

I’ve personally been starting out with the Italians. All these are great dealers in Italy, I have personally bought from all of them.

Express International Shipping, pipes all arrived in 3 days.

Al Pascia

LePipe.it

Pipeonline

Since you are asking, for me personally my lowest cost Italian pipe that was amazing was made my Vitaliano Posella.

You know Mimmo? Mimmo spoke to me once in good regards of Posella.

If you don’t find online a Posella shape you like, try starting out with a lower priced Radice. I don’t believe anyone is going to say anything bad about Radice! LOL ?

I have a Radice Rind Straight, $165 USD, an amazing pipe.

You can also score Castello’s for $250 and under, I just bought one at Pipeonline, arrived last week still haven’t opened, and another one on hold.

Pipeonline that I posted a link too, sells Castellos at really low prices. Fabio the owner is great, they’re the 5th Dealer of Castillo’s!

So you could say I have a heart for the Italians! Let’s not forget the Danes! LOL ?

Last edited:
Reactions: beezer