PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
I aim to bring my inexperience into a review. Initial thoughts are that I really like this one. Description says it's a ready rubbed mix of virginia, latakia and black cavendish. No other orientals so not a true English. I smoked it straight from the tin and initially thought it felt lacking in something, but once into it I liked that the virginia and latakia were not competing with anything else. White and Black is a good name for it. It brought tastes from different ends of the spectrum without something in the middle. It was still a cohesive blend and I feel I could fully appreciate the component parts without having to hunt for them. The latakia is not overwhelmingly smoky and this is a medium strength tobacco. Its lovely and sweet like a honey bbq sauce and although not aromatic I want to say it was almost liquorice or aniseedy. I have enjoyed all the English blends I have tried so far and this provides something that has been a bit different and well worth it. Certainly money well spent in my opinion.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
The thing I really liked about White & Black when I first smoked it, was an aroma from the burning tobacco that reminded me of roasting chestnuts, like from the street carts in NYC back in the day during the Christmas season.

Reactions: gubbyduffer
Status
Not open for further replies.