PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
ABF is strong but one of the best tasting burleys i've tried. was one of the first blends i had that i actually got nic sic from, probably because i smoked two bowls back to back. nice review!

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I've been smoking Pegasus more than anything else for the last month. I really like ABF. It's one of the few blends I smoke that I am stocking up on just in case it disappears, seeing as though it's pretty scarce nowadays. Although, thinking about it, I've got a few pounds of Pegasus sitting around too.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I've been smoking Pegasus more than anything else for the last month. I really like ABF. It's one of the few blends I smoke that I am stocking up on just in case it disappears, seeing as though it's pretty scarce nowadays. Although, thinking about it, I've got a few pounds of Pegasus sitting around too.
Pegasus grew on me. I’m reaching for it half the time. — I’m in Ocean County, originally from Camden County. Just noticed your also from Jersey. You know that reality television show, Jersey Shore? That’s my beach.

Reactions: tmcg81

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Pegasus grew on me. I’m reaching for it half the time. — I’m in Ocean County, originally from Camden County. Just noticed your also from Jersey. You know that reality television show, Jersey Shore? That’s my beach.
I'm in the general vicinity of NYC. And I too pretty much smoke Pegasus every other bowl lately. I've got a tub of granger that I've been staring at for over a year now. I'm gonna have to pop it open soon.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I'm in the general vicinity of NYC. And I too pretty much smoke Pegasus every other bowl lately. I've got a tub of granger that I've been staring at for over a year now. I'm gonna have to pop it open soon.
My two favorites. Granger is sweeter. I almost treat it like a dessert now; Pegasus the savory main course.

This morning, with my black coffee I had a bowl and a half of Pegasus. Actually one Country Gentleman full followed by a diminutive Washington cob. Now, late morning I’m enjoying a bowl of Granger with hot tea with honey. Try that. Granger’s flavor plays well with a sweet beverage. At least I’ve found that to be so.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Interesting observation. — This morning, not wanting to waste tobacco, I was pleasantly surprised as I smoked the remaining third of the ABF after sitting overnight.

I’d had a bowl of Pegasus for bfast with strong coffee and a half bowl of Granger. When I returned from walking the pup, I lit up the cob with the ABF and was treated to that neutral, white-sugar-sweetness that I’d mentioned. Only it had more presence. Still light in body, but flavorful.

I shouldn’t be say quick to judge a quality burly like ABF. It’s not something I’ll buy more of but will enjoy revisiting until it’s gone.
View attachment 102947
Neutral is a great word for ABF. I wonder how long the burley is aged for? It seems to have a mellow, mild flavor be speaking an aged tobacco. I would compare it to ODF, but being that aged tobacco is dark fired, it retains a lot of the punch and pungency dark-firing produces.