PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
I've seen a few black Peterson meers - look amazing when they are in good condition. Seems like beers have climbed in price a good bit in the past few years and not nearly as many nice estates or even new ones out there.

Reactions: BROBS

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
been eyeing older peterson meers. but they are either expensive as hell or ugly as hell. but sooner or later i guess i'll try one.
This is to me the most beautiful Pete meer you could ever have!
2n0oKuH.jpg

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
BROBS' meer's very nice. have seen rather new ones on ebay, but they are way out of my pipe budget. then there are rusticated ones that look like something chewed on it for awhile. i'm sure i'll run into one that i'll like sooner or later. till then, briar gives what i enjoy.

Reactions: badbriar and BROBS

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I have one meer, I like the experience of what seems a purer taste, but I don't go for it often. It's a once in a blue moon thing for me. That's the funny part, though, coloration. People love white meers and one that has been smoked a million times. Few like the process of coloring it, because it just looks dingy for a long time.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I've an old Andreas Bauer meerschaum that was made for Pfeifen Huber in Munich that I acquired as an estate pipe.

My favorite use for it is to taste blends that are new to me. There seems to be less interference from the taste of prior smokes allowing for a better assessment. That may all be in my head, but I believe it. I'm not sure why but I am also drawn to it on spring days when the weather has just started getting nice again.

Mostly I smoke my briars.

Status
Not open for further replies.