PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I grew up in northern Ontario and miss the lights very much. I'm in northern WI, now, and supposedly we get them here too -- but I've yet to see them in my current neck of the woods.

I spent a few months in AK, during my college years. Ever since, I've toyed with moving. Thanks for re-igniting that this morning...

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Incredible, I can't imagine the feeling. Sitting there and feeding your new little child so it can grow strong under the northern lights. I sure wouldn't mind waking up to that at whatever time.

Reactions: alaskanpiper

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
I used to be able to see them standing in my parents' backyard when I was a kid, but the city's gotten a lot bigger. Damn light pollution. My daughter's still too young to take her out of the city in the middle of the night to see them. She wouldn't last. Thankfully no more 2 am feedings though. Unfortunately my dogs bladders are getting old though, so I have a new reason to be woken up in the middle of the night. 🥱

Great post by the way. Beautiful pics.

Reactions: alaskanpiper

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
still not going to have any kids! Then again I am still wide awake at 2 for another few hours. That's beautiful. Though I was kind of hoping the kid was going to be doing something like writing a novel or beating the poopy out of a wolverine. Though also happy that feeding the kid isn't a euphemism for something (the rule is the more innocent it sounds, the worst thing it actually means).
Oh and you should see if you can get some cash from your states tourism board.