PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
When I would see these out in the wild, I had always thought of them as a novelty. I saw them at a B&M last week and decided to pick one up and try it out. I saw where they might come in handy for a taste tester or a quick smoke providing they would smoke ok. I'm pleasantly surprised. I think I'll pick up a few more. They serve the above mentioned purposes very well for me but YMMV :col:
20220124_192405.jpg20220124_194827.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like many, I started with MM cobs as knock-around pipes, basically disposable. But like the hound that follows you home, MM cobs soon became a dependable friend, and then a sort of essential. I fitted mine with Forever stems, then started buying the special editions that come readymade with acrylic stems. They smoke so well, and have so much character, I can no longer think of them as disposable. Yes, they go traveling more than some of my briars, but I don't lose them either. A great pipe is a great pipe, at eight bucks or much more.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I'll be damned if they haven't nearly replaced my "good" pipes when I'm working outside or at the hunting lease. Often times the cost of the tobacco in the bowl is higher than the cost of the pipe. They smoke great and if one gets knocked out of my mouth and stepped on by a cow, I don't have to fight the instinct to shoot it :)