So how many here are in the tobacco pipe industry?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm not. I have however dreamt about what it would be like to blend, market, and sell my own pipe tobaccos. I don't know squat about blending; I just really enjoy my own spin on things I enjoy.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
probably not that many and the one's on here that I do know are in the pipe industry provide valuable insights and answers.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I don't work in the industry but it's my firm opinion that every blender is vastly inferior to Macbaran's. Smoking Macbaran's shows the world you are a gentleman of refined taste, a force to be reckoned with in the boardroom as well as in the bedroom. The Macbaran's man has tried the rest and found the best. Macbaran's, the thinking man's choice.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
We have/had numerous posters involved in the industry over the years. Once this site got to a sufficient size many years ago, I think people from many of the well-known companies/brands have kept an eye on posts just in case they need to clear up misinformation. Some have been regulars, some have not. I've seen posts from Greg Pease, various people involved with C&D (especially before they got involved with Laudisi), Mac Baren, Leonard from Lane Limited, Russ, Chief Catoona before he passed, and scores of pipe makers. Mary from McClelland may have posted once or twice, but I could be dreaming or someone may have just quoted her. They're (Mary and Mike) usually pretty quiet around the web and really try to work everything through their distributors.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
I want to be a professional Meerschaum darkener/colorer... So if anyone wants they can send me their Meer's and plenty of tobacco and I promise I will smoke the hell out of it and return it when it's nicely darkened into a rich deep brown... For a minimal cost of course :P

perjensen

Lurker
Jul 24, 2012
I used to be a pipe maker for 23 years before I started at Mac Baren in 2001. Here I have had the pleasure of developing the HH tobaccos, been educating a lot of retailers/staff in pipe tobacco over the years and been more pipe smoking events than I can remember. But, all of it has been a wonderful travel with good people at my side.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Simon (Condorlover) and I run the pipe tobacco startup "Standard Tobacco Company of Pennsylvania". It all began right here on the pages of pipesmagazine.com

historypiper

Lurker
Nov 12, 2015
Don't let Per fool you, he is much too modest. A wonderful pipe maker, one of the most knowledgeable people in the tobacco industry, and a better friend.

historypiper

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I want to be a professional Meerschaum darkener/colorer... So if anyone wants they can send me their Meer's and plenty of tobacco and I promise I will smoke the hell out of it and return it when it's nicely darkened into a rich deep brown... For a minimal cost of course
:rofl:

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I've been in the business on and off since 1976, with my main focus in the last twelve years - first managing a brick & mortar and then transitioning over to online retailing after the launch of Hearth & Home.
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey, all Forums members are volunteers in the tobacco pipe industry marketing program! But otherwise, not me.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Here's a HUZZZZA!

To all the Pros.

Woodsroads,Condorlover

And Russ O.

They make the stuff

We like to smoke.

And without those guys

I would not be.

Quite so (happily)broke!