PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

epazikas

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Big fan. I have a tin on me most times for those times I can't smoke. Actually, I credit snuff as being a big reason I don't smoke cigarettes anymore.
I guess you are referring to old time snuff (picture), I mean the one like the pirates in the movies used in the nose, right?
I am asking because there are other type of snuff that one puts on the mouth.

Reactions: RookieGuy80

BCF

Lifer
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania
The only sniff snuff I remember was in a blue cardboard cylinder, the name was something something Navy. I was just a kid. The man, a friend of my Dad's, who used it, didn't snort it up his nose though, he'd wet his pinky finger, dip it in and put it in his lip like it was Copenhagen.

epazikas

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Mölndal, Sweden
Big fan. I have a tin on me most times for those times I can't smoke. Actually, I credit snuff as being a big reason I don't smoke cigarettes anymore.
Do you mean that you use snuff in the occasions you can’t smoke a pipe?
I like snuff as well from time to time, but I don’t feel it as a pipe replacement…the feeling of using it is just different for me.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Do you mean that you use snuff in the occasions you can’t smoke a pipe?
I like snuff as well from time to time, but I don’t feel it as a pipe replacement…the feeling of using it is just different for me.
I used it when I couldn't smoke a cigarette. Like at work trying to quit or on planes or family functions where I couldn't slip away or riding around in friends' cars. I've only been off cigarettes now for about a month.

You're right, snuff and pipes aren't close to the same thing. I found nasal snuff to be closer to a cigarette. An immediate dose of nicotine, like a shot that hits them slowly fades. If I'm really feigning for a cigarette, that shot in the schnoz is close enough. Close enough to steady my hands and calm my temper until I can remember myself anyways. Pipes are more of a vitamin for me. Take a few a day and it keeps a baseline nicotine in my bloodstream.