PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
I’ve been in Texas for 5 years now, and this is the coldest (2F) and snowiest (3”) I’ve seen down here. Some pipes burst in our hospital, but my lab and clinic are luckily spared. I have to admit that driving in my Jeep on icy roads makes me homesick for Wyoming.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
We’ve gotten 12 inches according to the local weatherman. I live rural and drifts of 5 feet are not at all uncommon. There are parts of my driveway that you can still see gravel and other parts that are drifted over the top of the car.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Dan-o$

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2021
Gardnerville, Nevada
I’ve been in Texas for 5 years now, and this is the coldest (2F) and snowiest (3”) I’ve seen down here. Some pipes burst in our hospital, but my lab and clinic are luckily spared. I have to admit that driving in my Jeep on icy roads makes me homesick for Wyoming.
Soo sorry for the grief going on throughout TX. Ive seen alot of snow in El Paso before

Dan-o$

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2021
Gardnerville, Nevada
Seriously. People around here always say they'd never live in CA cause they have earthquakes and how can people live somewhere like that. When the fact is way more people die or go to the emergency room with serious issues because of the winter. Slip and falls and the big one people not pacing themselves with snow shoveling. Either injuries or cardiovascular issues. Know your limits.
Cardio issues for sure.. Dont slip!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
We have had sort of a weird deal with snow this year. In the last cold from it snowed for six days straight. You think it have buried us but out of all the we got maybe three inches of snow. But man they made up with it on the temperature side. The highs range up to 20 degrees and the lows were as cold as -10 degrees.

Dan-o$

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2021
Gardnerville, Nevada
i know right. i maybe mistakenly thought they could have shut off and drained pipes but too late once is too late forever on something like that. sorry to hear this happened. pipes are pvc right? mostly?

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
i know right. i maybe mistakenly thought they could have shut off and drained pipes but too late once is too late forever on something like that. sorry to hear this happened. pipes are pvc right? mostly?
The hospital was a break in the fire sprinkler system, leading to substantial flooding and damage but thankfully nothing in the patient areas. Property can be replaced, but we’re hearing of quite a few deaths associated with the storm. It will likely be a few weeks before we know the full extent of these losses, so we’re counting ourselves fortunate.

• Sad
Reactions: Dan-o$

Dan-o$

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2021
Gardnerville, Nevada
The hospital was a break in the fire sprinkler system, leading to substantial flooding and damage but thankfully nothing in the patient areas. Property can be replaced, but we’re hearing of quite a few deaths associated with the storm. It will likely be a few weeks before we know the full extent of these losses, so we’re counting ourselves fortunate.
Howgozit? Shaping up better now?

KafkaStoleMyBike

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
Dallas, TX
Howgozit? Shaping up better now?
Indeed! Most of the major repairs are underway, and they’re pulling up carpet all over the place. It’ll be ugly for a few more weeks, but we’re only operating around 50% due to the pandemic so we can absorb the loss of space/facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.