PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Here's a re-post of my poem, inspired by the season... Thanks to juozapas, from Ontario who originally posted this pic
Asnow434Oct22054.jpg

Enjoying a gentle snowfall, settled-in with a good pipe

Every child should be raised where snow falls.

For snowball fights from snow forts,

For snowmen with cobs and carrot noses,

For sleds and skates and skis and sleighs,

For playing "King of the Mountain" on a plowed-up pile,

For making snow angels;
And the wonder of looking up on a silvery night

As thick flakes fall, backlit by moonbeams,

And tickle your eyelashes

And do their magic with trees.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My city in IL had the first snow of the year this week. Since it won't get warm in the next couple of days, there will be some white left on the ground for Christmas.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
We have snow and there is supposed to be another snow storm moving in before Christmas

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
They're actually talking about us having a good chance for snow Christmas day in N.Texas...but its like 70* today :crazy:

bronxbill

Lurker
Dec 10, 2012
I grew up in the North East; I have seen and shoveled all the snow I care to see. It has never snowed in Raleigh NC for Christmas and I hope it never does!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I shoveled my driveway here in Ottawa every few hours on Friday. I get that it's nice for Christmas, but if it never snowed again I'd be a happy man.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
Makes me think of the current view from my office. Up here in the U.P. of Michigan.

e5EgH.jpg

EDIT: Yes, in case you're wondering I AM working on a Sunday.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
we got a few CM's here today, gonna be a bit cold for the next few days so its looking like its gonna be a white Christmas.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
No snow here in FL although the past day or so has been colder. The next few days are expected to be warm again.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
There's some snow here in Anchorage although it's been getting blown away lately. More snow scheduled for Tuesday which is a very good thing, it will warm up from an average of 2-3 F to about 25 F.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
austinxpipe,
For all the hardships that heavy snow brings, I don't think I'd trade that view for anything -- at least not on Christmas!

Thanks for the marvelous pix, guys. :clap:

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I should go snap a picture of outside right now hahaha. We got a decent dump the last few days.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I live in Winnipeg, where I'm pretty certain there's only been one or two "brown Christmases" in it's history. We recently got a few days of snow with absolutely no wind. The results were magical.

dk3Km.jpg

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Actually just started snowing when I took the wife to work a half hour ago.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
It's snowing here now in northern VA - cue all the crazy drivers! Panic! Chaos!
Wife has a harp gig this afternoon - snow doesn't help; it's a pain to move in good weather. And it's not even our church. Meh.
OTOH, it probably won't stick...

sal57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2012
I grew up in the North East; I have seen and shoveled all the snow I care to see. It has never snowed in Raleigh NC for Christmas and I hope it never does!
You and me both bronxbill.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
We have snow here inVT. In fact, we've been here about 15 years and have always had a white Xmas.
Teddy - awesome photo! Do you know where that was taken?

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Took this just before the first snowfall last Thursday. Now I have to shovel to get out there with 3'.
Untitled-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.