PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Just saw the banner for the Castello collaboration today, as far as I'm aware that's the 3rd pipe collaboration collection this year to celebrate SP.com's 20th anniversary: Savenelli and Tom Eltang being the first two.

I have a complaint (more of a moan) and a question.

So again the 2/3 pipes I actually had my eye on in the banner photo is not for sale. Or not listed yet. Or already sold? But aren't sold pipes usually just moved to a grey banner at the bottom of the page? Ok, I'll stop peddling conspiracies here.

I had my eye on two Aristocratica-esque stain jobs and a natural vergin finish pipe, which all were beautiful but I guess not available to commonfolk. The same thing happened when the Tom Eltang line launched. There were 1 or 2 - a natural rusticated finish and a light stain flame grain finish, that were featured in all the banners and advertising photos but was not actually for sale.

I guess the question is kind of rhetorical at this point, but: why do you think the pipes aren't really selling? You usually can't click "Add to Cart" quick enough with the unique Tom Eltang rustication, but there's a couple dozen of them sitting on the site right now, and even more smooth versions.

Would love to know how these collaborations came about, if anyone knows anything or have a link to further reading to share, I'd greatly appreciate that.

Happy smokes!
I had seen the smooth one when they first came out but then it disappeared, likely sold.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson
Status
Not open for further replies.