PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
All of my vehicles I drive have built in ash trays AND cigarette lighters in them. You guys need to stop fooling around with retrofitting your vehicles.. go out and buy and old car/truck... :wink:
My 89 Ford F150 has a nice little built in ashtray. Pull the handle down and it unfolds from the dash and a little light comes on.. awesome!

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
I use a metal tin which formally held tea. It fit in the cup holder and pipe sits half way in the tin, nice and safe. Easy to put down when needed.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Yeah, I'm loving that car. The last one rolled off the assembly lone in 2011. Thanks for all the input. I may still try some things, but I can hold a lighter and a pipe. So far, so good. :)

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Are we Oldies?,Just today I replaced a leaking heater core in my buddys Jeep Cherokee 92-tremendous job,it took some 7 hour of continuous work,mission accoplished I was rewarded with a bottle of Jack daniels and some $20..

next up, my car fuel cauge is showing full tank all the time, a little bit of something to ponder,,

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
We have a 2016 Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter van. It is outfitted for our disabled veteran son. Of all things it came with ash trays front and rear! I was really surprised at that. Germans...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good subject.
I have 3 Kleenex boxes that I’ve cut in half and keep them side by side on my passenger seat. These not only act as secure pipe holders (if any baccy spills it lands in the box so no mess) but they are also great for working the tobacco (rubbing out and what not). I’ll try to remember to post pics when I can but this site is a major pita when it comes to that. This is the best method I have found that works for me as I almost always have several pipes rotating during any given session. Smoking while driving is the best! Traffic? Hell yeah, more quality pipe time for me! I’m probably the happiest man in traffic.
Edit* that is a pretty freakin’ awesome method you’ve worked out there!

recoilrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2011
The ultimate....
d29-PN-s-dashboardpipe.jpg

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
Mayfair, I have a 2003 Mercury grand Marquis that I drive from time to time. It has virtually the same set up as yours. I'd be willing to purchase your product if you are in the mood to produce?!

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Mayfair, I have a 2003 Mercury grand Marquis that I drive from time to time. It has virtually the same set up as yours. I'd be willing to purchase your product if you are in the mood to produce?!
I've got two screws and an old belt I can cut up for you for $80. :nana:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I've got two screws and an old belt I can cut up for you for $80

Beware of imitations!! I assure you my belt was made of the finest Corinthian Leather from virgin cows who were massaged every day by Nuns and slept in silk nighties.
@Auburnfan - You can cut up an old belt and screw it in the dashboard, as I did. Or, for a measly $8,000 prepaid, I will fly to your town and install my (patent pending) Genuine Mayfair Tobaccomatic Pipeholder. Guaranteed not to rust! :P
@Recoilrob - Truly fantastic pipe!!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a couple of hard plastic cigar ashtrays, made to fit in a cup holder. I use that for straight pipes. For my bents, I put foil cupcake cups in the bottom of the cupholder, and my bents fit just fine. I would be lost without these new dangled cup holders in my Jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.