PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I basically have 3 categories. Pipes that get Latakia, pipes that get aromatics, and pipes that get neither.

And then 2 other very small groups. Lakeland pipes and pipes that get anything (except lakelands).

Have never once worried about VA based and burley based blends sharing pipes though.
Agreed. 100%

Keep it this way and you are not likely to notice any negative flavour influence

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
My dedication philosophy: 1. Burley - mainly Peterson pipes - nonfiltered. 2. Virginia and Burley - various filtered pipes. 3. Aromatics - generally Vauen and all filtered. 4. Latakia blends - some filtered/some unfiltered.

Reactions: alialansari

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Here's some of my pipes with the labeled racks. I have a few others in different displays that aren't labeled but, there are the ones I use the most.

@cigrmaster @hoosierpipeguy
What a great idea, thanks so much. I get so frustrated with this dementia it is beginning to frustrate the shit out of me. Just this morning I got my coffee, got back in bed and since it has an electric frame I can make it like I am in a chair. Finally I realized I forgot something. I couldn't figure it out sitting there so I walked into the kitchen and realized I was supposed to get my 30 oz glass of water I only drink from my Yeti's. I always get my water with my coffee but today a totally drew a blank. I have to drink a lot of water for my stage 4 kidney disease. My doctor told me to cut my caffeine by half. I asked her point blank how many more years will I love if I do this, she said she didn't know but it won't hurt your chances at a longer life.
I said screw that, I would rather die 10 years early as long as I can enjoy my coffee and pipes and occasional cigarettes and my medical marijuana. The only thing I have really slowed down is red meat. I am on a lot of meds and swallowing meat is difficult. I stick to my Salmon, Swordfish, Mahi Mahi, Sea Bass, Trout, and tons of shrimp. I still eat my veggies as I do love them and I keep my baked potatoes to once a week. I only get the monster ones so that amount of carbs is enough for a week. My son makes the best fish tacos ever and uses fresh cod with a deep fryer and a tempura batter so it is light as a feather.

I always said payback is a bitch and I have been proven right time after time. I abused my body my entire life playing sports. It started in 8th grade when I broke 3 fingers at the same time. The all the torn up ankles came from street hockey. By the time I was 12 I had broken every finger on my left hand with a few more than once and I am a lefty. Dislocated elbows, hyper extended knees, left should surgery as I had bone on bone and it took some mph off my serve. Broken ribs from snow skiing, plus a few wicked falls where I thought I was dead.

Plantar fasciitis on my left foot. Bone spurs on my right foot. Left wrist surgery. 3 back surgeries with the last being a total fusion with metal. I am now a cripple and need a wheel chair and a walker. I swear I would never change a thing. I loved playing every sport and I knew eventually it would catch up to me. I almost forgot getting kidney stones at least 10 tens since the mid 80s. The shit they do to you is medieval torture

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
the ghost you're thinking of is more like years of smoking the same thing over and over. And even then it just leaves some taste of what you smoked for a while.
I'll put it this way it is in the category if you have to ask, it's clearly not ruining the flavor.

Reactions: alialansari

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I dedicate most of pipes to specific genres. However, I do have a couple of workhorse briars that I will smoke anything non-aromatic in, or at least not overtly aromatic. I don’t smoke Latakia, so for me that means VAs, VaPers, VaBurs, and VaOrs. To be honest, I don’t notice any difference in flavor, and those pipes get regular bowls of blends that do have some topping, like Mac Baren Navy Flake, Windjammer, etc.