PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
I live in SoCal, so joke’s on you guys, I can smoke outside all year. However, I was in NorCal for 9 months and I would not go out to smoke during the insane rain we had. I spent a good amount of time at the cigar lounge.

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
FOR NOW, living in SO CAL (Lake Forest), we seem to either have 95 degree weather or with the latest El Ninya's, the rain never stops. Thank God for my outside covered patio. However, am negotiating now with my wife (41 years) to smoke in the living room. With the understanding that it will have to be a tobacco with a sweet room note... I have the vote of our two Miniature Schnauzers, Dixie & Gabriel!
Dan

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I’d probably quit if I couldn’t enjoy a pipe in the comfort of my home. Moderation is the key to keeping your home smoke friendly. 8O

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
It's the wind that causes problems for me more than the cold. Depends on location. Some places are windy all year, other locations it is only windy during certain seasons or during certain times of the day. Often morning is best before the wind picks up in the afternoon.
I like smoking a pipe and enjoying a snowy landscape, or under a shed roof as the rain comes down. I like smoking a pipe as a break from chopping wood in winter. If I had to pick my favorite season for smoking though, it would be in autumn when the mornings are nice and crisp.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Rather than any particular type of weather, I like the change of the seasons. We have summer and winter in pretty equal measures around where I live. I second what some others have said about smoking your pipe in the winter by the woodstove accompanied by a good drink (preferably a scotch or a bourbon for me). That's hard to beat. The only thing that might rival it is a pipe (or cigar) in the canoe in late June or early July floating down the river with a beer in hand.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
If I had enough hands, I'd have a beer in one hand, a pipe in the other, and a rod in another. Alas, we must prioritize. Of course if we had salmon runs in the Midwest, I'd be more likely to swap out any given item and replace it with a fly rod.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I love my screen porch. Ceiling fan on low in the summer and an antique perfection kerosene heater in the winter.

Mar 1, 2014
September-November and March-May are my favourite seasons of the year. Bug population is near zero but it’s still warm enough to use gas lighters.

In June/July I basically just don’t go outside because you get eaten alive.

Then there’s usually one good week in January that’s above freezing, where you can just plunk down in a snow drift and toss flaming matches everywhere to your heart’s content.

Status
Not open for further replies.