PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

aolepilikia

Lurker
Mar 18, 2024
Big Island, Hawaii
Getting back into smoking pipes again after several years. Have quit smoking cigarettes and the booze so a nice pipe tobacco and a strong cup of coffee are my last vices left. Due to there being basically no pipe tobacco on the island Ive been mainly smoking cigars, luckily a friend has sent a small care package with some blends from my hometown pipe shop. Looking forward to getting to know everybody and learning more about the hobby. To start up again I just bought a little ropp that was on sale. I used to smoke a nice calabresi I enjoyed very much but I fear it was lost in the move. Other hobbies include general audio stuff, collecting records, playing guitar. I enjoy cooking and am learning the basics of luthiery. Main pain point is not being able to get tobacco shipped here anymore, ouch! Looking forward to meeting everyone, let me know what blends I should give a spin. Care package has a few lbs of various gl pease blends, Peterson and Mac baren. Can't wait!

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

aolepilikia

Lurker
Mar 18, 2024
Big Island, Hawaii
Thanks everyone for the lovely replies. That vinyl thread is a treat, glad to see there's some crossover in hobbies! Now I just need to peruse around and see if there's a book recommendation thread. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the West Coast of CA! I love our 49th- or is it 50th? State.

Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.