PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I went to my health clinic yesterday to review my prescription meds. During the interview, I was asked the routine questions including if I smoked. I acknowledged that I smoke a pipe but like Mr. Clinton, I do not inhale. (Got a laugh) Later an attendant pushed me out to the car in my wheelchair. When I opened the door she exclaimed, "Oh! you smoke a pipe. That smells wonderful!"
Hah!
The woman obviously wanted you and made the opening parry. Can you relate more?? :)
Cosmic's advice is good. If you have a doubt, don't. Otherwise, carry on! Though I would not try to load from a tin while underway. A nice large ziplock, with plenty of room for pipe and hand.....

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
img_1901-600x448.jpg

I smoke in my car all the time. If you can't manage a codger pack and then lighting, I question if you should be listening to the radio or talking on the phone or drinking coffee while you drive. Maybe your traffic is far worse than mine.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I also work from home so, I don’t do much driving these days but I can relate to those who say it totally curbs road rage. It was a delight to smoke while driviing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Like everyone else, I have to multi-task in the course of life, but if I can, I take my pleasures one at a time to the degree possible, and both driving and pipe smoking are pleasures to me. Driving, I sometimes listen to the radio, but often just listen to the engine, enjoy the driving itself, but drive moderately to accept the thoughts that cross my mind. Everyone thinks they're a terrific driver but as we see, it's not true. I'm not, so I drive defensively, and some people get really pissed when you're only five or ten mph over the limit. If I need to smoke while driving, like after lunch on a road trip, I smoke a cigar, but that's unusual. So it's not a matter of not smelling up the car but not wanting to juggle activities a lot. People in general don't know it is important to check in with yourself now and then.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
In 2012 I bought a new truck. The wife insisted that there was no smoking in it. I lasted 3 months before I got pulled over one day and wasn't going to have time to smoke before work. So I kept the window way down, while I smoked till I got there. Then a couple months later when we were driving around looking at houses, the wife told me that she wanted a cigarette, and that it would be ok once and a while to smoke in the new truck. So all these years I let her think it was her idea to do it. :wink:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I smoke in my car. I don't smoke in m'lady's car. When I traded her last car in for another a couple years back, we were told "You get $200 credit for having a non-smoking car".

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I smoke in my car all the time. If you can't manage a codger pack and then lighting, I question if you should be listening to the radio or talking on the phone or drinking coffee while you drive.
Yes. My only problem comes when I am applying eyelash enhancer, drinking coffee and smoking the pipe while texting.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
My car smells like pipe tobacco. Don't give a durn what anybody else says. Same goes for my house. I tell people I smoke in my house. If they don't want to smell it, they don't have to come over. Saves me a lot of trouble.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I tell people I smoke in my house. If they don't want to smell it, they don't have to come over. Saves me a lot of trouble.
And Jim hits a Home Run, I agree... :clap:

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
There is rarely a car ride that isn't accompanied by a pipe for me. I keep a half dozen cheaper basket and estate pipes in the car and a jar of ribbon cut VA as well as some Carter Hall in the car at all times. I've never had a problem with road rage but am even more at peace with all the crazies on the road with a pipe in my hand.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I smoke nearly daily in the truck. With regular cleanings, fresh air fresheners, odour eliminating sprays during cleanings nobody can smell it unless they are looking for it. My boss comes to town quarterly and he doesn’t smell it. My wife on the other hand will smell it no matter what even if it isn’t there hahaha

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I bought Wagan Air Ionizer from Cigars International 3 years ago and have been using it in my car since then. Even gifted one to a heavy cigarette smoking friend of mine and his car has stopped smelling like an ashtray.

scrumpyjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
Texas
I would smoke my cobs in my truck. I found it a bit of a hassle since it was a stick. Mostly I stick with cigars while driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.