Smoking in public is drawing too much attention from the teenagers...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you really want to be mean say, "This right here". and and discreetly hand them a bag of Mixture 79.Then tell them to go home and smoke it in all their favorite pipes for it's unique "ghost effect".

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
As always, when confronted with the curious, I would say to offer up a puff or two. Of course, tobacco laws being like they are today, you would not want to corrupt a minor, so I agree with Tiltjlp. Blow a smoke ring their way, smile, and start reading aloud from your Bible.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
I don't know how old you are but you look young. It is a little out of context for some people to see someone smoking a tobacco pipe who isn't their grandpa or popeye. I like your tee shirt idea. Just simply "its tobacco" maybe with a cool picture of a pipe thrown on there. Teens are jerks. As were we when we were teens. Atleast I was. But I can honestly say I never tried to eat anyones face. Not even once. : )

Good luck and keep smoking in the square while its still legal.

Cheryl

puredan

Lurker
Feb 13, 2012
Its nothing new that pipe smoking is being assosiated with grandpas or popeye as echopipe says here, so its very natural that teens will comment on you. You have to expect that when you are walking out of the door with your pipe fully loaded. You dont have to discuss with them, or convince them though, just be plain honest. You are not obligated explain anything. Its tobacco. They will find it boring and leave, if they are jerks. If they are better mannerd teens, they will maybe ask you some more, to find out why you would smoke a pipe. Which is completly normal curiosity.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
Cheryl, I'm 18 but I shave regularly so there's hardly ever stubble on my face. I'm thinking I need to keep some grit on my face so I don't look underage and it might keep the teens at bay.
So for a shirt I'm thinking something like this:

sherlock.jpg

Now that I made that how do I get it onto a T-shirt?

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Here's my suggestion: Stop giving a fuck. Do what you do how you do it and let others be themselves as well. Just answer their question. No I am smoking tobacco always works for me. If they want to go on with some asinine behaviour let them and return to your day.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
Haha, PERFECT! Like the play on the sherlock too. Now you just need to run down and have a silk screen. Oh wait. You can do one of those iron on computor paper things. They have special paper that you can print out of your regular printer and iron it on a t shirt. There you have it! That with a day of skipped shaving and your ready. : )

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
Great shirt idea, :clap: They look at me as the crazy old guy and go around me :puffpipe:

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
Actually they are called Zombie Salts do to recent events. Smoking in public is at your own risk, if you don't want stupid people annoying you stay at home or at a tobacconist and wait for them to come in and ask if they have any synthetic drugs and watch them get all diminished.
from the Grammar Nazi briar not "brier" unless your pipe is made from rose wood.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
Hey Mike, must be that look of "are you talking to me?" :) Like a few of you mentioned above, it definitely was because of your age. I remember smoking cigars when it was legal to smoke inside restaurants, and me and my friends would always get looks from the "adults". I always had to laugh and always offered an Esplendido to the guy who was smoking a Macanudo. Keep it fun, don't worry about snive remarks, you're obviously past that and they have nothing better to do. G1

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
There's a lot of websites that will turn any picture(s) into t-shirts for you at low prices, even for just a single shirt! Go google "make your own t-shirt." One such company is here: http://www.spreadshirt.com/create-your-own-t-shirt-C59
I'm just nice to people who talk to me about my pipe, when asked the weed question, I always just say "it's premium pipe tobacco" very simple! If they ever told me to go home and sniff salt, I would have stopped responding entirely to them and resumed my reading.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I would have used the bible to get my message through...on their heads. :lol:
Actually, I would have been nice to them and point out the benefits of pipes v. cigs.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Bathsalts and spice are illegal in Indiana as well as most other states.

As for the kids I would have went all Johavawittness on them and ministered to them that will get them to go.

arabpipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2012
@ barkar

I think it is the best we can do "ignore them" :puffy: enjoy your bowl and your self smoking it that what should concern you.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just smoke and enjoy, dont worry about other peoples opinion. Im a youth pastor and I founded the pipe club in town, which many would think as odd, but in the context of God's word it isnt a sin to smoke or drink for that matter, I see it as a fine gift from God, and it is a way for me to meet people and share the gospel. Try that next time, change the subject all together and ask them about Jesus. If they ask about smoking being a sin just tell them that smoking isnt a sin, but addiction is. The Bible says not to be mastered by anything, addictions compete with the true Master, but the pipe can be enjoyed in praise to the Master and could be a great tool to tell others about him.

busyhands94

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
That's an awesome idea, I could end up turning some folk on to Jesus and his love. For me a pipe helps me get my time to pray, or read the good news. I think God created tobacco for a good reason, if we use it responsibly it isn't a sin.
I think I should start carrying a couple Missouri Meerschaum Eaton pips with me, that could be very useful for converting cigarette smokers. If someone is asking me a bunch of questions and is 18 that could be a very useful tool for enlightening people to the joys a pipe can bring. Heck, maybe I could get a little circle together and read aloud to them while they enjoy their pipes. That would be wonderful! Of course they'd all have to be 18, I don't want to break the law. But I'd still like to talk to some younger folk, that would be excellent.
Yet another great thing about pipes, they make you look at least 25 I.Q. points smarter, especially bent ones.
~Levi

Status
Not open for further replies.