PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jahman7

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2024
Texas
I smoke 2 or 3 bowls a day usually. If your blend of choice is leaving an aftertaste or smell on your breath for the next day and a half then you're smoking too hot and need to slow down and sip the pipe more gently so you don't scald the flavor of the tobacco into your tongue. If you can slow down and get the tobacco burning cooler you'll have no lingering breath effects at all after smoking.
Slowing down often involves the fire going out or too little flavor to enjoy. I have slowed down a lot from when I started years ago, though.

Reactions: emac.917

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Depending on what else I am doing I smoke between 2 and 10 bowls a day. I can't smoke at the office and do use smokeless tobacco fairly frequently. I'm on bowl number 3 this evening but did have a long day at the office.

bpinkstaff

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2024
Rockton, il
I am very variable. One week its daily then sometimes only a couple of times! I enjoy a nice long smoke and use to relax and get out of the voices in my head!

thomasw

Lifer
Dec 5, 2016
For the most part I am a two to three bowl per day piper. Sometimes more, sometimes for self discipline I refrain.

burleybreath

Lifer
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
... I smoke once or twice a week at most. I figure any more than that and I will have regrets as an older gentleman...

...I wouldn't mind smoking more if it weren't for the unappealing smoker's breath I have to endure for the better part of the following day.
My real name is assbreath, but I thought the nom de plume more delicate for sensitive ears. But seriously, if I had those concerns, I'd quit.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I smoke two pipes before I smoke two pipes, and then I smoke two more…

Seriously, I’m with Richmond: one to six a day sounds right. I work primarily outdoors, and I smoke exclusively outdoors or in my vehicle when not at work anyway. I rarely smoke the same blend back to back (unless working on a project on my property and I have a smaller to-go tin pocketed to reload from).
Indoors at home I utilize an air freshener (one of those horrible vape devices), and stuck indoors at work or on a plane I’ll have a nice pouch in my mouth.
Up until about five years ago it was 2+ packs a day of cigarettes…

emac.917

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2024
Manila, Philippines
This past month, I've been smoking three times a day on average, but it's slowly increasing.

I'm new to smoking pipes. Only been doing it since January, so I'm still trying to find my natural frequency. Right now, it's all so new and exciting to recognize the difference between blends and how different pipes smoke, so I'm smoking more and more. I imagine I'll pull back a lot once I find my groove.

I'm enjoying this thread. It's nice to hear all the variation in members' pipe smoking practices.

Reactions: Jahman7 and kcghost

JohnnyBeach

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2024
I can never understand why just two or three days a week. I do at least three bowls a day. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of what I hope will be some favorite tobaccos. So, three bowls would not be too many.