PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

K.E. Powell

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I got a cat, and it has become part of my presmoke "ritual" to pick cat hairs out of my pipes. My tobacco stays jarred until I'm ready to smoke, so it's rare that a cat hair gets into the tobacco itself. But I'm sure I smoked a cat hair or two. The cat dad life ain't for the faint of heart.

Jan 27, 2020
I got a cat, and it has become part of my presmoke "ritual" to pick cat hairs out of my pipes. My tobacco stays jarred until I'm ready to smoke, so it's rare that a cat hair gets into the tobacco itself. But I'm sure I smoked a cat hair or two. The cat dad life ain't for the faint of heart.

No it isn't but no reward greater than living a cat or dog dad life. Although, i think of my dog as a younger brother.

LOL call me a prude but I'm not down for this at all.

People on this forum debate their panties into a bunch about the subtle differences between how Syrian and Cyprian Latakia affects the taste of a blend but will turn around and just mix in dog and cat hair to their tobacco.... :ROFLMAO:
We don’t mix it in. Owning a cat or dog means that it magically just gets woven into the fabric of our being. Ha ha

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I do my best to keep my pipes free of dog hair. I’m not concerned about accidentally smoking a stray hair, but I wouldn’t want someone to wind up with a dog hair in their cheese.

• Wow
Reactions: puff_not_snuff

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I've done the dog thing already and he was the best little bastard in the world. After he died, I don't have any interest or desire to get another dog to follow around to pick up and carry around their shit, vacuum the damn house for 2 hours daily, stress out about vet bills, and clean piss, shit and puke off the floor when it gets sick or old. Fuck that.

But that one dog......he was worth it all and I miss him. No other dog will ever compare or replace. At least I'm not going to let one try. Lol

RIP buddy. You can't be replaced.

C79FCD75-4A5E-4777-9A05-3966990DCE20.jpeg

Last edited:

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Early in it was dog hair for me, then my tastes started to get more refined. The cat hair flavor profile was subtle yet alluring and called to me. I kinda had to scratch that itch so here I am. Hoping to just refine it more to just whisker hairs. The cat spit really makes it sing for me.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I no longer have a dog (RIP) but since he’s passed, instead of getting another, I’ve chosen to grow my beard to the size of a small dog. I keep it groomed, free of fleas and smelling nice. If a beard hair ends up in my tobacco, believe me I notice it and remove it. You don’t want to smoke anything that resembles a pube.

• Haha
Reactions: Briar Tuck

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I'm old enough to remember wood burning stove in classroom from back in S. Korea. Occasionally, some smart ass will pull girl's hair and put it on the stove. Stanch was bad enough, but the witch hunt follow by beating from the teacher was even worse. Nope, no burning hair of any kinds. Brings back too many childhood traumas.

Reactions: Briar Tuck

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I can't talk about cats since I don't have any, but I have 3 dogs and they are pretty much on equal footing as my own kids. Although, unlike kids, dogs rarely, if ever, deny you their love..lol. We don't deserve dogs...
I've had the thought with my significant other... You know the cat is happy to see me every single time I come through the door.
Though kids versus dogs.... You don't need to set up a college fund for the dog. One if he's smart enough to go there... You can montize that pretty easy.

• Wow
Reactions: puff_not_snuff