PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Plenty of snakes (venomous and non-venomous in the land down under); fortunately none join me when smoking - just the lizards and the occasional possum, echidna or bandicoot.

When I first moved to Aus I was in the pub on Sunday and got talking to an American guy who had also recently arrived (with his family). He was still getting over asking his his 5 year daughter what she did on the first day at school she replied 'snake drill'. Basically it's drummed into the kids that if they see a snake in the school grounds they must stand absolutely still and quiet and the slithery things will just ignore them...

...yeah, snakes get everywhere! We're just coming into Spring so there will be plenty of sightings of amourous snakes searching for partners over the next few months (the golf course seems to be a popular spot for courting snakes).

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Thinking about this post recently. This is my new smoking buddy. It's an orb-weaver spider, and she's a girl. She's been next to my little stoop in the back for three days. I've been watching her build her web, and catch her prey. She's working on a nice huge bug as I type this. Beautiful spider. Haven't picked a name for her yet though.

Attachments

• IMG_20190918_203844.jpg
    IMG_20190918_203844.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 9

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
My wife' cat likes to sit on the porch with me while I smoke. If I try to pet him he tears my arm off, but he seems to like having porch company if I just ignore him while smoking and reading.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Our 18 year old black and white shorthair female cat Bella departed in April, in my arms, choosing her own time. A tribute to her by me would go on and on. Fortunately, we have two male sibling rescues that look like pedigree Maine Coons, the poet and the engineer, as we think of them, Fred and Lefty. All three cats were/are mellow smoking company. Fred is a mackerel tabby with white boots, white bib, and elaborate face stripes, called Sugar and Stripes, and Lefty is gray with fades to cream and white, called Cloud of Love. They have a brotherly brawl now and then, but are mostly compatible.

Reactions: radrick96

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
radrick', that little black kitten is excellent. I wouldn't name him Dracula to compound his black-cat stereotype, but if you must, maybe Drac. I tried to name our gray Maine Coon type rescue Garland, but he never responded to it, so we call him Lefty because of his left-pawed trait. Sometimes I've made lists of scores of names in naming a cat. My late wife named our cat Clarissa, which I thought was excellent, as was my selection of Linwood for a large shorthair orange tabby that looked like a cougar that I had for years, a wonderful guy.

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
9586498D-2BFD-4D32-8B62-43DE4F5373F6.jpeg
This is Dragula now. I’m a big Darryl Starbird, Ed Roth, George Barris fan. Got my MM Emerald bent in the mail today. He still likes pipes hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.