Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's so refreshing to read something from someone that is intelligent rather than a robot drone on the subject of tobacco use and personal rights.
This is one of the best, most succinct articles I have ever read about the illogical nonsense of not just a smoking ban, but an all out tobacco ban where there isn't even any BS "second-hand smoke" with some of the banned products.
We need more people writing stuff like this.
Carter Lyles is a third-year journalism/psychology major at the University of Florida and I highly recommend reading his article and supporting it with your comments at the end of the article.
You can read it here:

http://www.alligator.org/opinion/columns/article_f9d89ed1-6786-59e4-9e65-e7d560e0ed01.html

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing! Its the sad truth that we have become a nation more concerned with the feeling of safety rather than enjoying freedom. Little by little, technology and government become more intrusive. We'd rather have our privacy invaded with traffic cameras put up in the name of safety which are in actuality nothing more than revenue generators. Everyone wants someone elses kid to defend their country (yes, I've actually had that conversation). We're not the home of the brave anymore, we're suppose to be the land of the free and the home of the brave. We aren't, we're free because of the brave.
"He that would give up a little bit of liberty for a little bit of personal safety, deserves neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Take a look at the comments on that article and read the response by "harleyrider4freedom" ... "The new smoking prohibition"... very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.