Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Smoking for me is usually an activity I do while sitting quietly, either reading a book or pondering life's mysteries. Today I found myself with a four or five mile walk back to the boat. Fortunately I was clever enough to have along my favorite pipe, my favorite tobacco in my favorite pouch, my favorite lighter (so I wouldn't throw spent matches around) and my favorite tamper (without which smoking just wouldn't be the same).
I'm in reasonably good condition, so there wasn't any huffing or puffing. I like to hold my pipe in my hand and I was able to control my smoking cadence well. I held the pipe in one hand and my bag in one hand. I used another hand for tamping, and shaded my eyes with the other hand. I was able to take some pictures for you with another hand and I still had one hand to spare. (Life is good for an octopus.)
Here are the pictures:

Walking1.jpg

Walking4.jpg

It was a nice day!
KevinLn.jpg

Some people have way too much influence! Another of life's mysteries.
View.jpg

There were some nice views.
Whatever condition you are in, enjoying a pipe while out for a walk on a late summer afternoon is a pleasure that should not be missed. And you can ponder while walking, too.
Do you walk while smoking? Where do you walk? I have seen pictures of some of your thrones. I sure would like to see some pictures of your walks.

caliban

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
I walk while smoking little cigars, especially in Rome, I lot walking around at night smoking cigarillos.

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
Wow some nice pictures, what a great way to unwind and enjoy your surroundings. 8)

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Great scenery, I would love to live in a area like that where I could walk and smoke my pipe.
I live in the East Side in San Jose, where a couple of weeks ago, we had 8 homicides in 11 days, and where pipe smoking usually doesn't coincide with briar.
We do have some nice park in the foothills, but there non-smoking (at least for tobacco...every now and then you get a wiff of pot)
So I just sit in my backyard...

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Good story Philip, and nice scenery. I like getting out on the trail when I can. Used to run marathons,

but find it hard to go a couple hundred yards now, but I do still get out with my pipe as often as I can.

Last fall I drove over to my son's to have a day with my granddaughters. Took some medical tubing with me

and gave the girls their first pocket knives. We sat on the porch and carved slingshots, then took a walk

back towards my son's pond. It was a nice afternoon with my girls, and my pipe. (S.W. Arkansas)
_0180057-1.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Phillip, great pics and beautiful country, I have always heard how pretty it is where you are, thanks for sharing. I walk around my neighborhood 4-5 times a day walking my two dogs, and always have a pipe in my mouth. Here are some pics taken off the official website of the development I live in.

TheIsles205sm.jpg

TheIsles208sm.jpg

TheIsles2010sm.jpg

TheIsles2015sm.jpg

TheIsles2016sm.jpg

TheIsles2022sm.jpg

TheIsles2024sm.jpg

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
big thumbs up for the photos, another for the story, another for sharing, another for the comedic presence. (octopi unite) :D

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
I pretty much only walk and smoke my pipe, I have to pipe outdoors. It's not bad when there isn't that much wind, but when it starts going, the aroma aspect of smoking is pretty much nonexistent D:
If I find somewhere to sit I will sit, but usually I roam around, maybe with some reading.
-Swilly

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I smoke and walk the dog. As for life's mysteries chech out this topic Philip!
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/beard-papa
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.