PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Oh yeah! I learned how to do them just shortly after picking up the pipe. It's great fun on a calm day.
Also I haven't done it in awhile, but back in the day if there were kids around and I had a cigar I would take their bottle of bubbles and make smoke bubbles. The smoke swirls around in the bubble and the prismatic effect of the soap makes it look cool. Then there is a puff of smoke when the bubble pops. Kids love it.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
All the time. Years ago I had an old house cat that just loved to bat at them.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Pipeguy maybe you're just missing a pitcher. :D
tolkien-smokerings.jpg

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
I'll blow one every so often, haven't done it as much since my niece grew up, she used to love to watch me smoke a pipe. Now I'm trying to figure out how to blow smoke ships like Gandalf, 8O haven't got it yet and of course doubt if I will, but enjoy pondering it with a bowl of baccy. :lol:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well as the screen name states lol. I'm always playing around and blowing some smoke rings while I puff away on my pipes. Just the kid in me I guess. Haven't gotten down the whole blowing a ship through a smoke ring yet though like Gandlaf did as mentioned above. Would totally kick ass if anyone could really do that though.

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
a ship would be very cool but i am working on a modle T hehehehehehe
my grandpaw would get a mouth full of smoke and let us kids tap his cheek and it would make smoke rings
i just made 15 rings that way thinking of him

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
Kilted you shiuld try the tap method get a mouth full make an o with your mounth and tap or poke the cheek between your jaws and rings galore

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I do blow smoke rings sometimes. Especially when smoking a tobacco that yields thick rich creamy smoke.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Like Lauren Bacall said to Humphrey Bogart...
"You just put your lips together and... blow."
Here's how I do it:
Puff-up the pipe for dense smoke.

Fill you mouth with smoke. (jaws open fully lips closed)

Make a small round hole with your lips.

Snap jaws partially closed (rapidly) to force out smoke. (You should be able to do this several times on one puff of your pipe.)

If the wind created by snapping your jaws is quick enough it will cause a brief column of fast moving air (the center) and a circular vortex (the ring) of smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.