PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well the monthly main order arrived, and sat back and watched LOTR extended all three and puffing, I’ve no idea how many bowls.

1 box BBF and FVF

8 oz.’s of SJF 2015-I like the stuff ;)

2 8 oz. tins of AK, which I made a decision on, any tin’s that is not properly lined, against contact with tin goes into jars. Tins like escudo, nightcap etc. are lined so I see no long term issues.

Tin each of escudo and nightcap.

1 box SJF, and just what I feared Harris. When I saw it go to back order, right after the order was placed. I worried about getting scraps or none at all. Well it was a combination order, I could tell as half was whole, and the other 2 looked like 1/4 adds. No box, but the flakes where perfect. A written note apologizing for no box on receipt, I didn’t see any reason to return.
After next month’s mainly bulk order I’m switching to half bulk, half tins.
With the income tax coming soon there's no PAD involved, it’s the Honey Pipe, and a 3D TV. Which is good news for the cave, the 50” plasma moves in and the 32” LED goes outside in the summer.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Nice i ordered some AK as well all this talk on it got me curious.
Im glad i set up my Mancave before getting into pipe smoking or else it would be a lawn chair and a box table in the basement. haha
Happy Smoking.
And if i may recommend a 3D tv
yes Samsung IMO and many others is the top notch in TVS right now but i have an LG 3D TV And its fantastic it has the option to make anything 3D even regular TV also it works with the glasses from the Movie theater so my friends always grab them for me as oppose to the 100$+ Samsung glasses which work great but are really fragile and kids always break them.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yeah I’ve had the man cave for 20 some years, can’t imagine not having one. The AK is great! And get some to jar, in 5 years we’re going to be talking about it a lot!
That’s one of the TV’s I’m looking at. The problem with the fracking glasses is so many mixed reviews on value vs. performance vs. batteries vs. number you need. It’s really crazy, and I think too much searching is the problem lols.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
I need to get a cave. They sound great! Although then I wouldn't be able to neighbor watch as much. That was a big order!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I need a cave too! Unfortunately my Mother-in-Law lives in my cave, so I've been relegated to the shed!!! :crying:

undermidnight

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
Wow.. LOTR and smoking pipes.. you can't get a better combo.. :puffy:
(wait.. add a little Scotch to that.. yeah.. that's better!)
Sounds like you had a good time!
Jason

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Dragon, glad the SJ worked out, that is weird though that it was a few different batches but as long as all the flakes were cool, it should be fine.
I personally would not buy a 3D tv. I hate wearing the glasses and I do not like the quality of the picture. When I go to the movies and there is a choice, I always go 2D.
I highly recommend the Sharp Aquos 70" tv. I love mine. I got it last February and it is a joy to watch. I have a 47" LCD Vizio in my bedroom, a 50" Panasonic Plasma in my younger sons room and a 46" Sony LCD in my oldest sons room. I have Verizon Fios and have had that for years, in my opinion it is superior to cable.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I hate to be such a doob since I have been a pipesmoker for about 40 years now. But, what is AK? Sorry, guys, I apologize for the dumb question. I thought I knew a great deal about pipes and tobaccos until I began reading this board with regularity.
So, what is AK?

Status
Not open for further replies.