PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Yeah, I like the smell of tobacco unburnt as well as burnt. It's different, but just as nice. I often find myself taking whiffs out of jars when trying to decide what to smoke.

Reactions: Grangerous

MidnightPuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 6, 2020
Ohio
Nothing wrong with taking a sniff. As long as you don't start dipping Kendal dark shag like I'm currently doing you'll be fine. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Puff nstuff

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I find smelling a pipe chamber throughout smoking, depending on the blends, can also have pleasing aromas.

Here’s another thing for smelling...

Smell the chamber after you’ve finished smoking and cleaned it, not so pleasant.

Then, check the smell daily, and you will notice after several days it will start smelling nice, sweet.

For me personally, I usually wait several days till the chamber reaches this sweet smelling stage before smoking. It’s my own beliefs this is when the chamber has reached a good point of being dried out, cured and ready to smoke again.

Of course briar can be smoked daily, I’ve just noticed for some of my pipes, when I go this route, the smoking seems better. Try and experiment and see for yourself...

Reactions: PipeWI and FLDRD

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
When I can't have a smoke, I love to pop a top or two of my favorite open tins and sniff. I usually start with Orlik Golden Sliced and move on to Samovar and Drama Reserve. I think I'll do it right now.