PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
As many of you know I purchased a rusticated bent brandy C. Cavicchi new off SmokingPipes.com. First off I cannot fully express how much of a joy it is to do business with SmokingPipes, especially while working with Mark who is the utmost pleasure to work with.
Here is what I ordered:
- Claudio Cavicchi rusticated bent brandy

- Peterson leather 2 pipe bag

- Peterson University Flake (2x 50g)

- Peterson 3P's (50g)
33xu83d.jpg

The Cavicchi... my oh my is it a beautiful pipe. I haven't yet had the chance to test it out, but will tonight with a bowl of UF. The holes are perfectly drilled, not the slightest trouble with passing a pipe cleaner, and the design/rustication is breathtaking. The airway provides a wide open draw and coupled with the thick walls and bowl size this is going to be a champion for my VA flakes!
The Peterson pipe bag is VERY nice as well. Quality grain leather, vinyl lining, and sturdy yet flexible holding bands. Construction seems to be built to last a lifetime and I have doubts that it will.
I'll update this thread, as usual, with my developing thoughts on my purchases as I get to put them to use.

helm

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
The University Flakes is one of my favorites. Enjoy it all, and looks like a nice little haul.
I want that bag now.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
I've heard great things about UF, can't wait to start breaking in the Cavicchi with it. If you are looking for a compact 2 pipe bag great for the car, strolls, or short day trips then I cannot recommend this more. The one side has 2 loops for your pipes and the other side has 1 large loop to hold pipe cleaners, some small bags of tobacco, and a tamper all bundled together. Thanks!

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Thanks Phil, I'll be sure to take it slowly, been getting better about that.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Nice haul and great looking pipe. You are right about that being an awesome pipe for smoking flakes with those thick walls. I have never smoked a Cavicchi but have heard nothing but great things about them. They are supposed to smoke every bit as good as a Castello, but for a lot less money.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Great looking pipe. Nice package ya got there. I love doing business with Smoking Pipes. They are a class act!

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Just as I suspected the Cavicchi smoked the University Flake like a champion. I packed a 3/4 bowl using the fold and stuff method and had 2 relights all the way to the bottom. Not once did it get hot or bitey, this pipe is definitely the best smoker I have. The airway allows a smooth almost effortless pull for the ultimate in relaxation. That said, I am also a huge fan of Uni Flake now and it will be one I will make sure is always in my stash. The taste stands out to me as something yet I can't put my finger on it, I guess I'll just have to smoke more :)

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Indeed so, I find myself only wanting to smoke flakes now. I love how they smoke using the fold and stuff method, seems to keep the temperature in check. The bad news is I'm already drooling over a second Cavicchi...

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe and all other products. I hope you can enjoy them all for many years.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Oh my... that 10th Anniversary Lovat... You are an evil, evil man roth! :twisted:

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
AHH!!! It's so hard to wait till Christmas for a Cavicchi! I crave that rustication.
Expecting one as a gift? If so is this a gift you picked out yourself? And, again, if so details?? :D

group4

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 16, 2011
Nice shape on that 1C; I have a dozen Cavicchi's and they're great smoking pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.