Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, I've experienced very real slowdowns over the past 3-4 days. It's always been temporary, no more than a half hour or so. (chez moi)

Reactions: edger

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Mine is always significantly slower compared to other sites, but we’re talking a few seconds.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Out cable has been spotty, and I thought that might be the culprit. We’ve had a number of very high wind events mixed with heavy rain that has brought down trees and ripped out cable service. Since Comcast now outsources much of it’s construction, full restoration can take weeks to months. The local node was knocked out weeks ago, then patched back with temporary, much smaller cable. Then last week service was taken out again by a massive maple that snapped two poles. Heres a photo of the aftermath of the first big wind storm in January: A large tree came down from across the street, just missing me and my neighbor, who stopped to show me his new truck. The tree fell between us, literally inches from our heads. His wife was in the passenger seat. Nobody was hurt, but underwear was prompted changed.

IMG_7169.jpeg

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Yeah, I’ve noticed the past couple days lagging.
We’ve got 5g internet that can get spotty, but our streaming TV was fine so Tues I checked my phone and got 105 Mbps download speed so it wasn’t that (pages on this site were taking minutes to load at that time).

Reactions: edger and PaulRVA

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
It was definitely slow when I was working on my article but the backend of Wordpress is always slow so I didn't think anything of it - but yeah... does seem slower - could be the amount of traffic on the site - php/mysql can be a drag on resources if a ton of people are hitting it.