PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Quincy, I have a tin of Artisan's Blend waiting to be opened (probably after I finish this tin of Nightcap). I really liked their Consumate Gentleman, glad to hear the next one on the list is worth trying.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Lord,
I usually smoke Eileen's Dream but I gave a tin of Moontrance a try not too long ago and also enjoyed it. Good choice. MacBaren's Mixture Scottish does it for me. It's mentioned sometimes around here, but I cannot get enough of the stuff.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
As for Aromatics go a sleeper for me would be WO Larsen's 1864. A great tasty aromatic with lots a good tobacco flavor.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Uhle's Bishop's Move is a terrific full English blend every English smoker should try.
Roth, I second you on that one. I need to give the 00 a try too. I am beginning to really enjoy burley.

spyder71

Jul 14, 2011
For me it is Haunted Bookshop. I love Burley and Perique and this is my go to everyday smoke.

barleynbaccy

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
For me it is Haunted Bookshop. I love Burley and Perique and this is my go to everyday smoke.
Spyder, you my friend are one hardcore dude. The first time I smoked HB I didn't make it half way before it knocked me on my butt. To smoke it all the time... 8O

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Spyder, good to see you man. Been awhile.
McCelland's Jubilee. Sweet, tangy, smokey, smooth, I love it.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
McClelland's Ashton Revival Old Dog for me. IMHO its right there with Plum Pudding.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Solani's Silver Flake

Villiger Mid-Day

Esoterica's Dunbar (Stonehaven and Penzance get all the attention but I find Dunbar to be fantastic)

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Cornell and Diehl Sweet English, a Latakia type English with a Caramel Topping. It's really different, and I smoke a bowl every day. C&D Craig Stark blend is another, an English with coconut, of all things. I don't smoke that as often, because the nicotine hit is overwhelming, lol. But the coconut puts a different twist on it. There are just too many others that I like that tend to fly under the radar. These two are probably my favorite off the main stream.

Aug 1, 2012
A VA that I've actually found to be mild and quite pleasant is Esoterica Dunbar. It's not talked about much but you can get an 8oz. bag of it at P&C right now.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
El ricon de la pipa #1, amazing stuff, not even on the radar so sleeper probably.
I asked and received a nice sample of milk and honey by C&D from 4noggins.com. It's grown on me like crazy, it tastes like milk and honey, it's an aro in another dimension. It tastes like milk and honey but it's really strong from the dark fired Kentucky. I can see myself ordering at least a half pound of it, it's great as it is too without any cellaring. It's like a natural aro but with the strength to satisfy a Virginia smoker or vaper smoker looking for an aro that don't generally smoke aro's. It's also cigar like to me, in that it noticeably changes flavours 3 times, but something about is cigar like, if you had a honey flavored cigar that wasn't maduro.
Old world cake by McClellands. I recently got some Marlin flake as well from Rich to compare to a McClellands Old world cake. Marlin flake was decent, but compared to Old world cake it wasn't even close, without cellaring either one. I'm sure Marlin flake gets better with time, but I think if a Va blows another away in my opinion in the beginning, it's going to blow it away after as well after some time. Buying a pound of old world cake to cellar and smoke.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I also need to add McClellands Yenidje Highlander and their 5100 red cake.
Andrew I had never heard of RINCON DE LA PIPA No. 1 but once I looked it up it sounds great. I may have to buy some.
A blend made specifically for Rincon de la Pipa, a pipe smokers forum in Spain. A beautiful mix of Virginias, Burley, Izmir, Latakia and a touch of Black Cavendish

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Oh trust me, it's a good secret. I suggest trying it how it comes and moistening it, the flavours are completely different when you add moisture to it. I prefer it moister than dryer, it's got quite a kick to it, kind of like EMP almost, but not flavourwise. When it's moist these lemon flavours come out, it's in it's own class. I got 4 ounces the first time then ordered a pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.